Author Topic: Bit worried about Bingley...  (Read 1258 times)

Offline jaybee

• Donator
Bit worried about Bingley...
« on: December 29, 2011, 09:42:04 PM »
Hi everyone,
sorry if this is in the wrong section.

Bingley has been with us for a week now. His stools were a little sloppy on his first afternoon here but since then they have never been normal. We were advised by the breeder and the vet during his vaccination appointment that this can be common as they settle in and adjust to a new home etc. After going to poop he has been running his back end across the ground. Last night we got a little worried as this started being accompanied by a little whine/cry. I called the vet who said he probably had worms, we were given a milbemax when he was vaccinated to give to him when he is due to be wormed (6th Jan). The breeder wormed him with Panacur so the vet said it was probably best to wait until he was due to give him the milbemax. She also told us to give him some probiotic yogurt to help with his stools, which we've been doing. She also asked me to put sudocrem on him which we've done too as he was pretty red and sore from scratching his back end on the floor.

He's just gone out now and the whininy and dragging his bottom seems to be getting worse. After having a poo he runs, almost scuttles, around whining a little bit with a slightly arched back. It seems to be worse in the evening, in fact this morning he was full of beans and the liveliest we've ever seen him, but this evening it has come back. He's asleep now, i hope he is ok tonight.

I'm ringing the vet in the morning, but has anyone else experienced anything else like this? i hate hearing him make that horrid squeeky cry noise  :huh:

"No matter how little money and how few possesions you own, having a dog makes you rich."

Offline stephremon

Re: Bit worried about Bingley...
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2011, 09:52:33 PM »
it could be that his anal glands are full and giving him trouble, esp if he has had loose stools. The glands are there to help to lubricate the stool on it's way out, if the stools are not firm enough the glands will not get emptied and sometimes the can get infected.

Just a thought, call the vets and see if they can offer you an appointment to get this checked :)

hope he is back to being a normal cheecky chappy soon enough :) xxx

Offline lynnruby

• Donator
  • Ruby
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2011, 09:57:22 PM »
No advice (sorry) Just hope Bingley is better soon  :bigarmhug:
Lynn

Offline Wenco18

• Donator
  • With Lottie and Lola in North Yorkshire
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2011, 09:59:18 PM »
Aww poor little mite, hope the vet gets him sorted tomorrow  :bigarmhug: :016:
Wendy, Lottie and Lola x

Lottie dob 26/04/09
Lola  dob  10/10/2011

Offline Misskb

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2011, 10:54:45 PM »
Aww poor bingley, hope he's better soon

Offline cangrejo

• Charlie & Dexter, my beautiful boys xx
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2011, 12:29:44 AM »
Poor little Bingley, does sound like it could be his glands.

Hope he feels better soon  :luv:
Rosie, Charlie & Dexter xxx
Charlie 31/12/09
Dexter 17/06/11

Offline ladylola

• Donator
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2011, 02:09:34 AM »
What are you feeding him on,,,also check you are not overfeeding as this can give them the runs.
Would imagine his bottom will be sore if his stools have been lose a long time.
Julie. Owned by Sasha, Ellie, Monty, Paisley, Louie & Molly
One just isn't enough.

Offline jen1876

« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2011, 08:15:43 AM »
Jasper's been experiencing similar symptoms since 18th december...3rd trip to vets yesterday...he's fine in himself but like Bingley worse at night. Eating ok but then not pooing until eve when it all starts, loose stools and discomfort (he howls then runs to go out but can@t always hold it) messy pen in mornings too. We tried bland diet and canikur which made no difference,and vet emptied his anal glands  he's now on antacids and sulcrafate...last night was first night he's not messed in his pen so fingers crossed. Vet mentioned colitis but seems to think it's something that will be self limiting. Hope you get sorted with Bingley, they're such a worry aren't they.

Offline Nicola81

• Dexter
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2011, 03:39:41 PM »
Lots of Love to Bingley  :bigarmhug:

Hope the little fella is doing well soon

"Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole"

Offline Megan Ffion

• Megan Ffion
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2011, 05:50:24 PM »
Sounds very much like anal glands are infected.

Have the vet check them out and he/she can show you how to do it yourself if it is going to be an ongoing condition for little Bingley.

Hope Bingley is well again soon.

love,

Gwyneth Colin and Megan  xxx
Remembering Our Sweet Megan

Offline Darwin

« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2011, 06:05:06 PM »
Hope Bingley is OK
 :bigarmhug:

Offline Poppsie

• Donator
  • Mia and Phoebe
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2011, 06:20:01 PM »
Big  :bigarmhug: :bigarmhug: :bigarmhug: :bigarmhug:'s for you and gentle little  :-* :-* :-* for your baby x x x

poppy 31/12/95-27/4/2009
Pebbles 14/1/97-10/2/2011 
my beautiful girls together again forever x

Offline jaybee

• Donator
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2011, 06:31:13 PM »
OH is back from the vet with Bing a ling! He has a poorly tummy and has some antibiotics, had his glands emptied and we have probiotic paste to try and settle his tummy a little while the antibiotics kick in. He has come home barking and bouncing around after being lethargic and sluggish all day. He actually did his first woo woo so he must be feeling alright lol  :005:

"No matter how little money and how few possesions you own, having a dog makes you rich."

Offline max2011

« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2011, 06:39:50 PM »
When I first got Max he had permanently soft poo and I was given special sensitive food, probiotic paste etc to try and firm them up. Nothing worked - sometimes they became formed but still very soft, othertimes they were runny. We tried 3 different types of food and he still had soft stools. In 3 months I had to have his anal glands emptied monthly and never had a proper poo!!

Finally after speaking to other dog owners we moved on to James Wellbeloved. Since then we have normal poo and have not had to have anal glands emptied. I will be sticking with this food.

Not saying it is the food causing Bingleys problems but if is carries on it may be worth trying something different. Hope he is getting better  x

Offline Countrygirl

• Donator
    • Countrygirl
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2011, 06:52:59 PM »
Glad Bingley is feeling a lot better, hope his medicines will sort him out properly.