Author Topic: pooing indoors  (Read 513 times)

Offline Chillis

pooing indoors
« on: July 23, 2012, 07:02:39 PM »
 I think doing toilet training alright, praising when doing outside taking her out ect
She'd just had a wee outside so let her in, next thing I know she's pooing in the hallway, picked her up & she continued outside, there was nothing stopping her going outside to do it. at what stage do they actively take themselves out to toilet? If we didn't keep encourage her out she'd happily foul anywhere.
The poos are quite big- are we overfeeding?

Offline fenby

• Donator
  • Harvey
Re: pooing indoors
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2012, 07:47:02 PM »
Hate to tell you this but Harvey was 7 months before he was completely toilet trained. I used to get really down about it but he got there in the end. She's still young all you can do is persevere.

Offline DunbarKev

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2012, 11:12:52 PM »
Chillis, are you crate training and taking your pup out to his toilet area and actively rewarding when her when she does the business?

Offline Chillis

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2012, 08:20:24 PM »
oh bless them! wish she could read a book :p no indoor poos but a sneaky wee today thou was my fault as went to talk on phone before taking her out
not crate training, there's no room for one without it being awkward & yep all the praising, squally happy voice  :005:

Offline HelenS

• Donator
  • Cupar
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2012, 08:42:20 PM »
Awe dont worry it will suddenly click with her that outside is the place to do the buisness. Then she will give you signs she needs out  :blink: