Author Topic: Whats your puppy scared of???  (Read 2212 times)

Offline oreo

Whats your puppy scared of???
« on: August 29, 2012, 08:58:49 AM »
My daughters hairband has just rolled out the back of a cabinet where it fell the other day. Oreo has spent the last half an hour edging towards it, getting so close and running back to my feet barking like its going to suddenly attack her :005:.
She is also scared of juice bottles ( any variety )  wether they're in the cupboard or worse when they're in a bag on the floor waiting to be unpacked.  And also Cereal boxes especially when they're being poured into a bowl?????
Got me thinking whats your scared of?

Offline bluegirl

• Site Member
    • www.millionhairsdoggrooming.co.uk
Re: Whats your puppy scared of???
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2012, 09:07:56 AM »
We've just had a 6 mth old temporarily living with us and he was really bold so not much frightened him, but he did bark quite a lot at an upturned broom propped up behind a bike leaning against our outside wall. It could possibly be the scariest broom he'd ever seen.
Karen, Penny, Logan, Phoebe and Bronte.

"Life is a series of dogs".    George Carlin

I was going to take over the world but got distracted by something sparkly.

Offline Jane57

• Donator
  • Riley
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2012, 09:13:05 AM »
Riley 6 months is still wary of the hoover, he watches it but from a distance.
He is also a bit wary of the kitchen bin being emptied.
He doesnt like the noise the dustbins make when being took out if Im with him.

On the other hand  he walks only afew feet from bin lorries, busy roads, motorbikes etc .

Offline lettie10

• Jazz & Bailey
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2012, 09:13:49 AM »
My daughters hairband has just rolled out the back of a cabinet where it fell the other day. Oreo has spent the last half an hour edging towards it, getting so close and running back to my feet barking like its going to suddenly attack her :005:.

:005: :005: :005: Bailey did exactly this yesterday with the orange plastic lid off a tin of polish!!!!
"In a perfect world, every dog would have a home and every home would have a dog."

Offline Jenz

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2012, 09:30:49 AM »
The dyson! 

And the hairdryer, petrified of that he is, I have never even attempted to dry him with it after bathtime  ph34r

And loud helicopters, but is fine with all other forms of loud traffic noise etc.

Offline SophieBlueRoanLover

• Sophie Carr Photography
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2012, 09:33:48 AM »
The Dyson and the hairdryer too, although with a few treats by the end of a session he's climbing up the Dyson (while it's on) to get them off. It's all about aversion therapy. Same with the hairdryer.
Otherwise he's not easily scared. Sometimes if he's too playful with other dogs and they snap at him he tries to run off and whimpers a bit, but I guess that's normal (especially as he was bitten by a nasty norfolk terrier!).

Offline GeoW

• Donator
  • Maurice, Jan, and William (Prince of Orange)
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2012, 09:34:12 AM »
Not found anything yet that William is fazed by.

At a Village show the other day not even the Red Arows doing a low flypast directly overhead bothered him, or the entire pack of the local hunt hounds milling around him.

It's usually odd little things that spook them like a plastic bag stuck in the hedgerow, but we've yet to find William's  match.

Offline oreo

« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2012, 09:40:11 AM »
Forgot about the hoover too, although now she chases it and and crouches like a tiger waiting to pounce! :lol2:

Offline jaybee

• Donator
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2012, 09:48:29 AM »
Not found anything yet that William is fazed by.

At a Village show the other day not even the Red Arows doing a low flypast directly overhead bothered him, or the entire pack of the local hunt hounds milling around him.

It's usually odd little things that spook them like a plastic bag stuck in the hedgerow, but we've yet to find William's  match.

Same here! He's been spooked a few times but never actually frightened I don't think. I did drop a load of saucepans on the floor the other night which made an almighty racket, he wasn't too happy about that!
One of the trainers at our classes had a retriever who was frightened by a hot air balloon when a puppy, this progressed to him actually being scared by bright, full moons in the night sky  :-\ she really struggled with that.

"No matter how little money and how few possesions you own, having a dog makes you rich."

Offline Chocolate Hero

« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2012, 11:29:11 AM »
not sure we have anything he's frightened off, he does however have the strange moments like with the hair band of barking & tossing it around. He did seem bemused the other week by surf boards, we kept having to stop while he did the head tilt to work them out. We also have a little tiger when the dyson comes out. I guess he's scared of the cats (cant blame him when they only hiss at him, doesnt get they dont want to play).
Run Free my little Laddie xxx

Offline dipsydoodlenoodle

• Donator
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2012, 12:15:24 PM »
Charlie is scared of going for walkies in the wind.

He's scared of new "big" things. I have to walk up to things with him for him to have a sniff, otherwise he won't go himself. Once he's had a sniff he's ok :)
My beautiful little boy Charlie :)

Offline Black Beauty & Silverfox

• Miya
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2012, 02:00:37 PM »
Charlie is scared of going for walkies in the wind.

He's scared of new "big" things. I have to walk up to things with him for him to have a sniff, otherwise he won't go himself. Once he's had a sniff he's ok :)

Did you have to coax him at The Leas Marsden walk on Sunday :005:

Mel.

Offline jonnytrabant

« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2012, 02:58:44 PM »
There deffinately something in the Dysons. Little Harry, is not too keen, also the lawn mower, but we used that to our advantage by placing him in his crate, thus he knew he was safe in there. It's fine by me, if he's scared of the vacuum as at least I'll be able to get on with it.

Offline jen1876

« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2012, 04:04:14 PM »
Jasper used to be terrified when we moved our dining chairs around or moved a chair to another room if we had guests round. He is still terrified of the road sweepers push along cart and won't even walk past it  ;)

Offline Nobbie

« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2012, 04:10:08 PM »
Nobby is scared of the hosepipe, can't think why ;)