Author Topic: Lawns  (Read 284 times)

Offline jonnytrabant

Lawns
« on: November 02, 2012, 01:25:30 PM »
More of a gardening question than a puppy one.

Since getting Harry mid August our lawn as you all know who have them, has took a hell of a battering from Harry's bowels. Not being the 'green fingered variety of a chap' is there anything I can do to help restore my lawn or should I let nature and the oncoming of winter just sort it out and start next spring?

Offline lettie10

• Jazz & Bailey
Re: Lawns
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2012, 01:41:00 PM »
I have the same problem and with the arrival of Bailey in Aug I now have double the "lawn destroyers" and can only really liken my lawn to a muddy swamp :005: :005: :005: :005:

The lawn was always my OH's pride & joy but even he has admitted defeat and with the onset of the bad weather & two sets of muddy footprints inside we have decided to go down the "Astro Turf" route.

Not everyone's cup of tea I know but I hope it will help with the copious amounts of mud being washed away every day >:D

In terms of gardening, no expert but don't think there is much you can do to your lawn at this time of year so may be a case of waiting till spring but I think even the greenest of fingers are no match for a Cocker's gardening habits :005: :005:
"In a perfect world, every dog would have a home and every home would have a dog."

Offline JohnK

• Donator
  • Produced for Minnie, Dennis and Rosie
Re: Lawns
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2012, 01:53:44 PM »
After my lawn became a 36 hole golf course, last year, due to Minnie's excellent gardening skills, we decided on a change.

We took half the lawn away and had a large patio built, along with 4 ft fence and gates.

Now the dogs are only allowed in the lawn area when we are in it, however, one day OH didn't shut the gate properly and when I got home at night we had a six hole golf course.

Needless to say, I was not very happy as my lawn is my pride & joy, but the re-seeded areas are gradually coming back. Hopefully next year it should be fine again.

If your dogs are allowed on it all the time, you will find the urine will make a real mess and over the winter it will just get worse.