Author Topic: Gundog training near SN15??  (Read 1010 times)

Offline MuckyMeech

Gundog training near SN15??
« on: August 22, 2010, 09:16:33 PM »
Hiya Guys, I'm sorry I haven't been here for AGES  ph34r

My Dad is an experienced dog handler and shooter but having always had labradors he now fancies *challenging* himself with my 10mth old cocker spaniel  :005:  :lol2:

As he would like to do it properly he wants to do some training- sooooo, can anyone recommend a gundog trainer in SN15 area? (specifically someone who works with spaniels)  :shades: :D

Thankies  :D

Offline JulieNicholds

• Site Member
Re: Gundog training near SN15??
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2010, 09:40:01 AM »
Hi - Chippenham way?
Its not very close but when I lived in Hungerford, Berkshire, I used to go to Kintbury & District Working Gundogs - they are based between Newbury & Hungerford at a Keepers property.  Do all gundogs but a high proportion of cockers & springers.  The ground is fantastic as it is on a shoot so you get to experience everything, there is a rabbit pen, woods, long tufty grass areas, everything you could want for. They usually do the working gundog demonstrations at the Newbury Agricultural show which I think this year is the 18th 19th September.  They meet the first Sunday of every month at 10am and then during the summer months on a Wednesday evening.  Really friendly and knowledgeable.  Its about £15 to join for the year and then a nominal fee per dog at training sessions.
Fraid I don't know anyone closer than that but if you fancied a good day out to the Newbury Show (dogs not allowed unfortunately) they usually have a little marquee and you could get alot of questions answered.
Good luck! :shades:

Offline leisl

• Donator
  • Hi-Life PAT Dog of the Year!
    • Muppet - PAT Dog of the Year Winner 2010/2011
Re: Gundog training near SN15??
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2010, 04:19:10 PM »
Try Lisa at the canine guide - http://thecanineguide.co.uk/

She has springers herself and I take my two cockers there.

Beginners gun dog class is more "fun" but the advanced is proper gundog training.  If she can't help she can point you in the right direction.

May see you there.

Lxx
Leisl, Muppet & Krumble
Orange ones are more juicy!!