Author Topic: Oh my goodness she's driving me crazy  (Read 967 times)

Offline PopPops

Oh my goodness she's driving me crazy
« on: October 23, 2014, 08:08:39 PM »
I'm stuck at home ill, too dizzy to walk anywhere so Pops has had the garden and some games of fetch and tug and lots of toys/treat toys to solve but has had no proper exercise for two days poor baby.

She has barked alllllllll day. And the girl is Loud.  >:D Mostly at nothing, but the wind in the garden is annoying her and she keeps stuffing her head out of the catflap to tell it all off. When she takes a break from that she wants to canter up and down me because I'm laying down and wow does that hurt, if I make her stop she sneaks up on me and fusses and whines and the first time I stop actively keeping her managed she canters over me again, and now some *(*%()&*(& is setting off fireworks....  >:(

Wooof woof woof woof woof woof blinking woof......

I know she is anxious because she can feel I'm 'wrong' (and the barking is probably trying to tell off whatever has made me 'wrong') and she's got too much energy and no outlet to burn it off and I totally sympathise, but seriously, I wish there was some canine equivalent of a whisky and soda to just chill her out a bit before my last dregs of sanity dribble out of my burst eardrums?!

Pops the Womble: November 2012 to February 2017. Forever loved and missed Poppet.

Offline MIN

• GEMMA
Re: Oh my goodness she's driving me crazy
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2014, 08:53:56 PM »
Oh dear, its no fun when all you want to do is keep your head down and still and the little monsters turn into bigger monsters, the only solution is for you to have a couple of triple measures then you wont care anymore. Having just had 2 weeks off work for dizzy/nausea I understand where you are.  :bigarmhug:
Run free and fly high my beautiful Gemma
2011 - 2023 

----

Offline Mandy and Teddy

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2014, 09:57:51 PM »
Sorry you are feeling awful. Be nice if we could sit them down in front of the little mermaid for a while sometimes wouldn't it.
I've done my back ( playing with teddy on the beach) he also thinks a four paw massage would do me the world of good.

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2014, 12:04:20 AM »
Oh lawdy you peeps are not good. Yes I often say to Minstrel (and dogs b4 him) if the weather is bad and we cannot get out 'indoor games today' be great some times if we could settle them with a colouring book or suchlike - but not to be.

Hope you are both feeling better soon and your little furry friends can go run off all that energy.  :luv:

Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.

Offline elaine.e

• Sweet William
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2014, 08:00:24 AM »
Would a filled and frozen Kong or a chew help to settle Pops and give you a break? Chewing is relaxing for dogs so it might be beneficial for longer than just the chewing itself.

Hope you feel better soon (and Min and Mandy & Teddy too)  :bigarmhug:

Offline PopPops

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2014, 09:16:35 AM »

Thank you for the frozen kong suggestion, I will get on that!

Yes yes yes to colouring books and The Little Mermaid.... sometimes that would help so much! I admit I hadn't thought of having the gin and tonic in triple measures myself, that's genius!  :005:

Thank you for the good wishes and sorry to hear there's a few of us trying to keep cockers sane under these circumstances  :luv:
Pops the Womble: November 2012 to February 2017. Forever loved and missed Poppet.