Author Topic: you tube help please  (Read 2171 times)

Offline lyn

• Site Member
you tube help please
« on: December 23, 2006, 08:01:39 PM »
ok 2 questions.
first,i have made a slideshow i want to link to COL.can i upload a slideshow to youtube or do i have to make it on the site itself?
second,i lost loads of photos and a precious video clip of my grandaughters first steps due to a computer meltdown.i have recently discovered that i had actually loaded the video clip onto youtube(i don't remember even joining this site but i was sooo pleased to find my video).my problem is i can get the photos from there onto my pc but i don't know how to get the video clip back.is there a way to do this.i wanted to make my daughter in law a slideshow with this included.i only have a free account with yt

Offline Magic Star

• Site Member
Re: you tube help please
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2006, 05:34:39 PM »
I need help too, how do I get music on my you tube?  I have a vid to share, but don't want our voices on as you will hear how bad our laughs are :lol:

Offline lyn

• Site Member
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2006, 06:18:19 PM »
hehe emma,thats why i never post vids of the dogs,my big gob over rides everything else ;)

Offline Magic Star

• Site Member
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2006, 09:41:18 AM »
 :005:

I've through caution to the wind Lyn and posted it without the music ph34r

Its on new rogues if you wanna laugh :005:

Offline *jean*

• Donator
  • who need s pills when you have pals ?
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2006, 11:13:16 AM »
I like hearing the voices as you hear all the different accents and get an idea of just how widespead COL is.
 mind you I hate my voice on tape it doesnt sound like I think it should. and my accent always sounds stronger.

Offline Colin

• Administrator
  • Stevie
    • Jimmy Misty & Stevie Videos
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2006, 11:44:57 AM »
Lyn - once you have a video/slideshow stored on your pc you can then upload it to Youtube in the same way you'd put a photo onto photobucket.

There's a Firefox extension that enables you to download videos from Youtube and other streaming sites, you can get it here...

http://javimoya.com/blog/youtube_en.php

You need to already have the Firefox browser though.

Edited to add an alternative method ...

http://www.savetube.com/tutorial.htm

Offline lyn

• Site Member
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2006, 10:45:32 PM »
thanks colin,i will do that in the morning.
jean i sound like an old fishwife on video clips :005: i tell everyone it's my sis talking :lol:
emma,that video is the funniest i've seen for ages.thankyou for sharing it and giving me the giggles for two days :D

Offline Magic Star

• Site Member
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2006, 10:57:00 PM »

emma,that video is the funniest i've seen for ages.thankyou for sharing it and giving me the giggles for two days :D

Glad it made you smile Lyn, we did didn't realise what chaos it was until we got home and viewed the video :lol:  Aren't our dogs soo well trained NOT :005:

Offline *jean*

• Donator
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2006, 11:01:47 PM »
so can you take the voices out??
 I sound like like a cross between someone from monarch of the glen and whisky galore truly he****h accent . It always gives me a fright when I hear it. I wonder whos that? and its me!! awful.

Offline Magic Star

• Site Member
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2006, 11:03:30 PM »
so can you take the voices out??
 I sound like like a cross between someone from monarch of the glen and whisky galore truly he****h accent . It always gives me a fright when I hear it. I wonder whos that? and its me!! awful.

It can't be worse than my screaming Jean ph34r  You can somehow put music over it ;)

Offline *jean*

• Donator
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2006, 11:07:20 PM »
oh no I loved your screaming and I thought the lab was going to pull that lady ( your mam barb?) into the river just as well she let the lead go!! it was a hoot! I want you to do a weekly video clip !! who was the man giggling? he was just having such a good time filming you all!