Author Topic: Oooer Help Please  (Read 876 times)

Offline Magic Star

• Site Member
Oooer Help Please
« on: June 12, 2007, 11:12:40 AM »
Something reall odd just happened, I have AIM messenger that I use to speak to family, theres only a few buddies in my AIM, a few seonds ago, on the right hand side of my PC screen and lot of AOL names appeared (none of which I recognose :-\) saying they have signed on, but they aren't in my buddy list and I don't recognise any of the names that appeared :huh:  The names have now vanished :huh:

I'm a bit worried that I may have a bug or something, anyone had this happen before?

Offline *Adele*

• Site Member
Re: Oooer Help Please
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2007, 11:47:28 AM »
I would run all your anti virus software now before doing anything else! I had a virus sent thru MSN a while ago which did a similar thing, very nasty but I caught it in time fortunately!

Offline Magic Star

• Site Member
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2007, 11:51:46 AM »
Oh heck, OH does all that kind of stuff for me usually, will see what I can sort, thanks.

Offline j-u-l-e-s

• Site Member
  • Lirah
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2007, 09:13:25 PM »
Have you had or experienced anything like this??:
A new virus aimed (no pun intended) at AOL Instant Messenger Windows users has been discovered this week. It will appear to come from one of your buddies, with a message of “hey check this out!”, along with a link to “http://adwordsvideo.com/gallery/pictures.php”. It sure looks like a website link, doesn’t it? But it’s not, it’s a download link, the file which it downloads is called “unknown@hotmail.com” (sneaky, eh?)

Despite the name of “unknown@hotmail.com”, this is definitely an .exe (executable) file, and will do all sorts of nasty stuff on your system, including port scanning, installing a file, and adding itself to your startup routine.

Yuk.

And, of course, it attempts to send itself to all of your buddies in your buddy list.

So, if anyone, AIM buddy or not, comes a’knocking with “hey check this out!”, don’t do it.

If so I'd downloading and installing using AVG Free Anti Virus and AVG Free Anti spyware, you can obtain them from this web page here:

http://free.grisoft.com/doc/1

®––––•Jűlęz•––––®