Author Topic: All in one printers  (Read 1199 times)

Offline JaspersMum

• Donator
All in one printers
« on: June 01, 2007, 09:15:34 PM »
We want to buy an all in one printer (print/scan/copier) and ideally want to link it to the home network.  Question is is we but a ethernet/ready network wired version, can we add a blue tooth adapter instead of hard-wiring to the router so it can be put in a better position and be freestanding (other than power) ?

We asked in PC world and they all sort of glazed over so I said I'd ask you lot - I'm sure someone will know  ;)

Jenny - owned by Jasper, Ellie, Heidi, Louie & Charlie

Offline cazza

• Site Member
Re: All in one printers
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2007, 09:35:22 PM »
If no one comes forward to help you out let me know as my computer buff (Friend's OH) is on hol till end of week  ;)

I've got a 3 in 1 and it's great but it's connected by USB could connect it by ethernet if you wanted

Offline JaspersMum

• Donator
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2007, 09:50:29 PM »
Many thanks for the offer of help Cazza.

After finding that a wireless connection was going to cost £50 to £100 and the difference in a wireless all in one to a wired network was much same, I suprisingly gave in to putting it back on the shelf above the comp so it could hardwire, via USB, to this comp and through this to the existing wireless network to the laptops....

Have to say it is a neat machine and the quality of the copier is good as is the print compared to the one before... didn't bother with fax in the end as most people have internet and more lilkely to email anyway. 

By the time this needs replacing the wireless will be given away with a box of cereals so will return to the option 2 then  ;)

Jenny - owned by Jasper, Ellie, Heidi, Louie & Charlie

Offline cazza

• Site Member
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2007, 09:56:08 PM »
Glad you sorted it out,   ;)