Author Topic: addon wireless router  (Read 1459 times)

Offline johndoran

• Site Member
addon wireless router
« on: June 01, 2008, 11:20:09 AM »
please help  i have just bought a new lap top and have been trying to set up the wireless router.
the man in the shop said just connect to your virgin modem and thats it .I though there must be more to it than that but nothing is working i have followed the instructions to the letter (as best i can).The router is a addon wbr9200 .any experience with this?
Bonnie Boo -A heartbeat at my feet

Offline kalem

• Limited Member
  • Me and my Gal xx
Re: addon wireless router
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2008, 05:54:58 PM »
If you have a internet subscribtion with Virgin your isp (internet service provider) then they should come in and install more cables such as an ethernet cable etc, you will then have to plug this cable into the router and the power cable install the drivers for the router onto your laptop, thats the c.d that came with your router when its all installed and setup, go to start menu and click settings, and in that list there should be an option called Network Connections click on this should be a menu on the side of the new window that has opened, click on setup home or small office network, click on this and follow on screen instructions. while connecting to the network make sure your wireless switch on your laptop is On, send me a pm if you want to make this network secure.
Hope this helps

Jamie - Kalu's Son

"My World is Orange" with a few blonde highlights
To the world my Cocker is just a dog, to me my Cocker is the World

Offline johndoran

• Site Member
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2008, 08:55:36 AM »
Thanks . should have thought to contact virgin first as i now see that they supply a wireless connection to existing customers free.Doh, £40.00 down the swanee
Bonnie Boo -A heartbeat at my feet

Offline kalem

• Limited Member
  • Me and my Gal xx
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2008, 09:28:08 AM »
Hiya Jamie not here to help, but if it was me and you can get a free router, i would be straight to the shop and take it back, hope you can get it sorted  :D

"My World is Orange" with a few blonde highlights
To the world my Cocker is just a dog, to me my Cocker is the World

Offline speedyjaney

• Site Member
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2008, 12:46:10 PM »
I am with virgin media and don't get a free wirelss router - or any router for that fact!

I have a dlink wireless router and its fab - its the isp thats cr@p lol

Janey