Author Topic: Gilbert 4 year old Many Tears  (Read 1717 times)

Offline paulette

• Honey in the garden
Gilbert 4 year old Many Tears
« on: February 24, 2010, 06:01:08 PM »
Hi Gilbert is a very handsome 4 year old loves people not sure about other dogs, so can be an only dog.    :luv:
paulette

Offline hollyd443

• Donator
Re: Gilbert 4 year old Many Tears
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2010, 06:14:15 PM »
GILBERT - ID 1966 at www.ManyTears.co.uk

23-02-10 Gilbert is a 4 yr old ex stud dog. This handsome boy prefers human to canine company though is fine here walking past other dogs he would prefer living as an only dog. He has never met children so for this reason we think he would prefer an older home. Although he has never lived in a home he seems to loves his luxuries here so should learn quickly about home life. For someone looking for an only dog and special companion this could well be the boy!

This dog is at the main rescue centre in Llanelli, Carmarthenshire.
 IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN ADOPTING THIS DOG:
 Please read our adoption procedures before applying and complete the Adoption Form. You will be contacted within 24 hours. If successful you will be home checked and you and all members of your family and any dog(s) who will be living with the dog MUST come to meet the new dog. All our dogs are micro-chipped, inoculated and spayed/neutered unless there is a medical reason for not doing so. If you are adopting a puppy you will need to provide details of training classes in your area. We ask for a minimum adoption fee of £160 for dogs at the centre.   

Offline Colin

• Administrator
  • Stevie
    • Jimmy Misty & Stevie Videos
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2010, 07:25:29 PM »

I've split the discussion re copying and pasting to it's own thread here...

http://www.cockersonline.co.uk/discuss/index.php?topic=70130.0

Offline 6thSense

• Donator
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2010, 07:45:38 PM »
Oh what a gorgeous boy.  :luv: I hope he finds his forever home soon, bless him.
xxxxxx 🐕 Sarah & 'Chamerl' Cocker Crew 🐕 xxxxxx

Offline HeatherandBenjy

• Site Member
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2010, 09:12:04 PM »
 :luv: :luv: :luv:

This gorgeous boy is still looking for his forever home.  :016:
Heather, Buddy, Archie, Fizzy, Bruno and Amber!

Offline hollyd443

• Donator
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2010, 07:58:11 PM »
UPDATE 23/03/2010:

We have had Gilbert for 9 days now and he is the sweetest of dogs. He is doing very well with his house training and has learnt to 'sit' and 'lie down'. He greets everybody that comes into our home with a present ..... sometimes a dog toy, sometimes a shoe or even underwear if he can find it!
      He is getting better with other dogs whereby he will go for a walk with another dog when they are both on leads quite happily, however if the dog comes into 'his territory', he tends to snap at them and for this reason, I believe he would be better as an only dog. He is good with our 7 cats, although he thinks they should play with him, however they don't agree! He has been very good with the neighbours children who have visited, the youngest being 8 years old.
      He seems very eager to please everybody and is getting better at being walked on the lead. He does however, snore for England! We have only left him alone in the house for 2 hours maximum and he seems to have coped very well and is keen to learn things, especially if a treat is on offer.
      He would suit a home where there is somebody at home part or most of the day. I recently took him to the doggie parlour for the first time and he was as good as gold. He even fell asleep whilst the lady was blow drying him. If you are looking for a good all round dog, the Gilbert really is the dog for you!

Offline fizzyntiffy

• Donator
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2010, 08:05:01 PM »
Aw bless him  :luv: I love all colours of cockers but have a soft spot for goldens  :luv: hope he finds his forever home soon xx

Offline Countrygirl

• Donator
    • Countrygirl
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2010, 08:27:46 PM »
So cute, and I love his name.