Author Topic: Please help with this download problem!!  (Read 1429 times)

Offline shezza

Please help with this download problem!!
« on: January 21, 2011, 06:49:14 PM »
Hello All, when I hook my Canon XL2 up to my computer I get a message on the monitor, The program can't start because ODBC 32II is missing from your computer.
I cant understand this as every thing was ok up until today. What do I do to rectify the problem. My computer is brand new with windows 7.

Offline MegandMolly

• Donator
Sam (that's me), Meg (B&W cocker), Ruby (Blue Roan cocker) and Gemma (Black lab)

Offline JohnMcL7

Re: Please help with this download problem!!
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2011, 01:24:30 AM »
How are you connecting the XL2 to the PC?  How do you normally get the video files off?  Has anything unusual happened with the PC such as a blue screen or just suddenly shutting off?

John

Offline shezza

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2011, 02:44:58 PM »
Thanks for your input, I had a repair guy come out and he had to take it back to factory restore,lucky I didn't have to much on it and what I did I had backed up. Regarding your question john from new all I did with the XL2 was to connect it to the PC and windows 7  recognised it.
One thing that the Repair man did say was that the hard drive on the PC was a bit noisy (scratchy sort of noise)
PC is a few months old?

Offline seaangler

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2011, 03:14:36 PM »
..You must regularly put in re sore dates ......

Your computer cannot fine the file..So you will need to find the cannon disk and re in store the program once again...

You can also do it Megandmollys way...

Go to uninstall programs and see if there is any of the said program still there if there is remove it and reinstore the disk copy again(cannon soft ware)...(But make sure you get rid of all of it)....

Gemma..Cindy And peggy

Offline JohnMcL7

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2011, 08:55:46 PM »
Thanks for your input, I had a repair guy come out and he had to take it back to factory restore,lucky I didn't have to much on it and what I did I had backed up. Regarding your question john from new all I did with the XL2 was to connect it to the PC and windows 7  recognised it.
One thing that the Repair man did say was that the hard drive on the PC was a bit noisy (scratchy sort of noise)
PC is a few months old?

Make sure you keep backing everything up as I'd be concerned about the hard drive, when reading your original post one of my thoughts was that it may be the hard drive that's at fault as that's usually the cause when random files seem to get corrupted.  That's why I was asking if anything had happened with the PC as a bluescreen or a power cut can cause the system to corrupt files as they didn't finish properly, alternatively if some software has been installed or a windows update it can also muck things up.  I'd keep an eye out for any other strange errors that pop up out of the blue, you can check the hard drive for errors by clicking start->run (or holding the windows button + R if you can't see run), typing cmd and pressing enter which should bring up a black box.  In this type chkdsk and press enter, it should then have a scan across the drive and tell you if it finds any errors.  It's fairly normal to have a couple of errors but if errors keep coming back after being resolved it's not a good sign.

John