Author Topic: Windows  (Read 3972 times)

Offline Shirley

• Site Member
Windows
« on: April 15, 2005, 07:35:27 PM »
Okay, I've done something to my PC - don't know what  :blink:  but now it won't let me have more than one window open at a time.  As soon as I try opening a second window the first one closes automatically  :angry:

So this is a plea to anyone who know what I've done and how I can sort it, 'cos if i don't sort it soon I'm going to lose my temper with it and it might end up finding a another type of window - to throw it out!!  <_<

thanks in advance  :)
Shirley, Morgan and Cooper
Morgan's Page                                  Videos of my boys

Offline Shirley

• Site Member
Windows
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2005, 07:54:52 PM »
Right some more information.  I was still on very old versions of Yahoo and MSN so upgraded them today.  Have just done a system restore to yesterday.  When the restore was complete I could open as many windows as I liked but as soon as I reinstalled the new Yahoo messenger I my problem came back so it's obviously yahoo that's causing it - has this happened to anyone else?  What can I do to sort it??  Heeeelllppp!!

Offline ReadingSteve

• Site Member
    • Buddy
Windows
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2005, 08:58:17 PM »
Can't find any info on that particular problem online, but I know Messenger recently had some security issues that caused it to spread a virus.  Do you think there's any chance you may have a virus on your PC that is interacting with Messenger??  Otherwise, as the problem definitely seems to be related to Yahoo messenger, I'd suggest you contact their customer care here.

Sorry can't be more help.
Live Long and Prosper!

Offline Shirley

• Site Member
Windows
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2005, 11:09:28 PM »
Can't find any info on that particular problem online, but I know Messenger recently had some security issues that caused it to spread a virus.  Do you think there's any chance you may have a virus on your PC that is interacting with Messenger??  Otherwise, as the problem definitely seems to be related to Yahoo messenger, I'd suggest you contact their customer care here.

Sorry can't be more help.
[snapback]117107[/snapback]

Thanks Steve, have e-mailed them  :) .  Hopefully will find a solution as I like the new version but would go back to the old one if they couldn't sort it - too annoying to have windows shutting themselves - driving me up the wall tonight!!!  :rolleyes:

Offline Gilly

• Inactive
    • Glowstar Cocker Spaniels
Windows
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2005, 11:13:27 PM »
Is it all windows or just internet explorer ones???

Offline Shirley

• Site Member
Windows
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2005, 11:29:28 PM »
Is it all windows or just internet explorer ones???
[snapback]117191[/snapback]

Just internet explorer ones, Gilly  <_<   Any ideas???

edited to add:  have just tried it and now have 3 windows open - must have just been some gremlins in the works.  That's weird - it's been driving me mad all day and now it's fine.  I've not done anything - just seems to have sorted itself - hope it lasts!  :rolleyes:  :lol:

Offline Gilly

• Inactive
    • Glowstar Cocker Spaniels
Windows
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2005, 11:32:31 PM »
Well a quick solution for the moment would to download Mozilla Firefox!! You don't need to uninstall IE you can change back at anytime and I've been using Firefox for a while its far superior anyway.

Offline Shirley

• Site Member
Windows
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2005, 11:51:48 PM »
Well a quick solution for the moment would to download Mozilla Firefox!! You don't need to uninstall IE you can change back at anytime and I've been using Firefox for a while its far superior anyway.
[snapback]117198[/snapback]

It's working now  :ph34r:  :rolleyes:   Might try the Mozilla thingy anyway too see what it's like.

Offline daunting

• Site Member
Windows
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2005, 12:14:16 AM »
i switched to Firefox after hearing on here how good it is and will not go back ever to IE
Donna, *Tia*, Saffi, Max, Harley, Egan, Mia

http://hope-rescue.proboards.com/index.cgi

Offline Kim

• Site Member
    • Molkara Cocker Spaniels
Windows
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2005, 08:15:33 AM »
Funny it should connected with yahoo messanger, I uninstalled mine last year because of virus' etc being spread through it.
Glad you've brought this up, as I was going to re-install it, but I think I'll just stick to MSN messanger now  :)
www.Molkara.co.uk

Save the earth; it's the only planet with chocolate.