Author Topic: Reluctance to go upstairs, pain,  (Read 7611 times)

Offline jasper_boy

• Jacob's Den
Re: Reluctance to go upstairs, pain,
« Reply #30 on: August 05, 2015, 02:42:50 PM »
It definitely sounds as though something has been bubbling under the surface for Mr R  :-\ hopefully with the metacam he will settle down and relax a bit x

Offline Max X 2

• Site Member
« Reply #31 on: August 05, 2015, 02:45:09 PM »
 :bigarmhug: :bigarmhug:

Could you also raise his bowls?  Just a thought

Harry was the same once, he'd squeal when he was hardly touched & we couldn't work out where was hurting, until I saw he was struggling to bend his neck to drink & eat
Maxine owned by Max & Harry

Offline Jane57

• Donator
  • Riley
« Reply #32 on: August 05, 2015, 02:55:24 PM »
:bigarmhug: :bigarmhug:

Could you also raise his bowls?  Just a thought

Harry was the same once, he'd squeal when he was hardly touched & we couldn't work out where was hurting, until I saw he was struggling to bend his neck to drink & eat

Oh that's interesting I,lol watch him,he never "struggles" with food hahaha,

Offline MacTavish Boys

• Site Member
« Reply #33 on: August 05, 2015, 03:18:11 PM »
Oh poor Mr Riley :016: he really is going through it at the moment, I do hope that you manage to find out what is causing the pain and manage to stop it  :bigarmhug:
Stephanie, George and Hamish xxx
George'n' Hamish's Mum

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
« Reply #34 on: August 05, 2015, 04:11:37 PM »
Just a thought if he has to have metacam long term, you will probably find it cheaper online - even with a prescription from your vet.
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.

Offline Jane57

• Donator
  • Riley
« Reply #35 on: August 05, 2015, 04:39:22 PM »
Just a thought if he has to have metacam long term, you will probably find it cheaper online - even with a prescription from your vet.

Thanks I will do so. I have some left from May after he was neutered still.

Offline Jaysmumagain

• Donator
« Reply #36 on: August 05, 2015, 06:52:14 PM »
Jane so sorry to read about Riley and the pain he is in, do hope the medication helps, keep on top of it Jane, if not happy ask for test etc.

Hope the meds help and sending you both  :bigarmhug:

Julie
Cocker kisses and cuddles just make my day!

You are always with me darlings Jaypup and my precious Oliver you are so missed

Offline Liz F

• Donator
« Reply #37 on: August 06, 2015, 05:46:06 PM »
Just seen this, how worrying for you Jane, hope Riley is feeling better and you get diagnosis soon,are your vets going to do an MRI ?

:bigarmhug: :bigarmhug: :bigarmhug: for Riley and you  :luv:

Liz, Olli & Diesel xx

Offline Jane57

• Donator
  • Riley
« Reply #38 on: August 06, 2015, 06:03:06 PM »
Just seen this, how worrying for you Jane, hope Riley is feeling better and you get diagnosis soon,are your vets going to do an MRI ?

Hi Liz
Well we were back there tonight, took his temp again and up by 1 degree , she did say it could have been with him there and under stress etc, was the same y,day.
Again he did squeal when she stretched his neck from side to side, but how much of that was down to the fact he was muzzled and very stressed by then.
Good sign he is eating, drinking normal.

She said 4-5 days on the metacam and see how he goes from there.

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
« Reply #39 on: August 06, 2015, 06:38:06 PM »
Poor Riley, don't spect he knows what's going on at the moment. Hoping the Metacam does the trick and he is feeling much better very soon  :luv:
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.

Offline Liz F

• Donator
« Reply #40 on: August 06, 2015, 07:06:28 PM »

Hi Liz
Well we were back there tonight, took his temp again and up by 1 degree , she did say it could have been with him there and under stress etc, was the same y,day.
Again he did squeal when she stretched his neck from side to side, but how much of that was down to the fact he was muzzled and very stressed by then.
Good sign he is eating, drinking normal.

She said 4-5 days on the metacam and see how he goes from there.
Funny you should say that because with Diesel they had to take his temp before he went in, in the car, when he went in to vets it was shooting up 3/4 degrees higher  :huh:
Hope Riley improves over next few days on Metacam and no further action is needed  :bigarmhug: :bigarmhug:

Liz, Olli & Diesel xx

Offline Jane57

• Donator
  • Riley
« Reply #41 on: August 06, 2015, 07:22:55 PM »
Thanks all, yes I think they can have a it higher temperatures due to bit
stress .

Offline Emilyoliver

« Reply #42 on: August 07, 2015, 11:10:54 AM »
Sorry to hear that Riley's not well.  Ollie had similar symptoms (minus the temperature) and it turned out to be bulging discs (3) - one in his neck.  Intermittent pain, screaming when manipulated and reluctance to jump up on furniture.  MRI was required to confirm the diagnosis. 

However, the temperature is a bit odd and would suggest some kind of infection?  May not be remembering this correctly as it was a while ago, but didn't Maddie74 show similar pain in neck area and temperature and it turned out to be a form of meningitis?  may be worth mentioning to your vet if he doesn't improve quickly.

Wishing him a speedy recovery.
Michelle, Emily and Ollie

Offline Jane57

• Donator
  • Riley
« Reply #43 on: August 07, 2015, 11:55:51 AM »
Sorry to hear that Riley's not well.  Ollie had similar symptoms (minus the temperature) and it turned out to be bulging discs (3) - one in his neck.  Intermittent pain, screaming when manipulated and reluctance to jump up on furniture.  MRI was required to confirm the diagnosis. 

However, the temperature is a bit odd and would suggest some kind of infection?  May not be remembering this correctly as it was a while ago, but didn't Maddie74 show similar pain in neck area and temperature and it turned out to be a form of meningitis?  may be worth mentioning to your vet if he doesn't improve quickly.

The vet did mention meningitis she said with that she would expect tempers to be about 104, his was 103 and he would most likely be off his food and generally more ill, I'm keeping my eye on him .

Offline Jane57

• Donator
  • Riley
« Reply #44 on: August 07, 2015, 11:56:38 AM »

Aww poor Ollie, what treatment does he have?