Author Topic: Reluctance to go upstairs, pain,  (Read 7610 times)

Offline Jaysmumagain

• Donator
Re: Reluctance to go upstairs, pain,
« Reply #45 on: August 07, 2015, 01:35:04 PM »
Jane

I had a Westie who had disc problems, he had an MRI scan to show where the problem was, feel that is probably only way to move forward if things don't settle, maybe first some blood test, to show infection or if anything else is going on.

Hugs to Riley
Cocker kisses and cuddles just make my day!

You are always with me darlings Jaypup and my precious Oliver you are so missed

Offline Emilyoliver

« Reply #46 on: August 07, 2015, 09:10:51 PM »
Quote from: Jane57 link=topic=114983.msg1662684#msg1662684 date=1

Aww poor Ollie, what treatment does he have?
[/quote
None, so far - thank heavens. I retired him from agility, and keep him fit  :blink: He's only had one minor 'flare up' in the past 3 years (and it was unplanned over-exertion on a very long walk on holiday). I gave him metacam for a couple of days and he recovered fine   :blink: He'll be 11 in October  :luv:
Michelle, Emily and Ollie

Offline Jane57

• Donator
  • Riley
« Reply #47 on: August 08, 2015, 11:32:30 AM »
Well day 3 of no walks and I take back a wee bit about how good he has been, actually he has been so good.
This morning though he was a bit demanding , who can blame him when he is hearing his pal Alfie outside  >:D :o
He gave a few little barks to tell me he wanted some attention while I was trying to sunbathe outside  :lol:

Had a few brain games and a few bits of kibble in there and he has gone for a snooze now.
I was driving home y,day and realised how much I miss walks, he gets us out to places we have no real need to go or want to even go without a dog.
Still though his health is more important and hopefully this will be whats needed to get him back on his feet literally.

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
« Reply #48 on: August 08, 2015, 11:55:37 AM »
Maybe the Metacam is kicking in, making him feel more comfortable and that is why he is now wanting out? how long are you confined to barracks - can you take him for a car ride and short, gentle on lead  walks..or is it not allowed atm.

:bigarmhug: :bigarmhug: for you and Riley
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.

Offline Jane57

• Donator
  • Riley
« Reply #49 on: August 08, 2015, 12:00:51 PM »
Maybe the Metacam is kicking in, making him feel more comfortable and that is why he is now wanting out? how long are you confined to barracks - can you take him for a car ride and short, gentle on lead  walks..or is it not allowed atm.

:bigarmhug: :bigarmhug: for you and Riley

On thurs the vet says no walks for 12 days, so now 10 days , maybe next sun-mon all being well, a street walk,
We could do the car, good idea , might do that,
I have been letting him out the front where its cool, he loves to sit for ages and just observe things, people pass, cars, kids play, dare anyone come near to talk and he gets too excited and barks too much , so I usually only let him out there if its quiet.

Offline Jane57

• Donator
  • Riley
« Reply #50 on: August 11, 2015, 11:36:18 AM »
Well, Riley seems fine, then again he has been on the metacam now for 5 days, I took him off it today.
Poor little thing sits at the gate just staring. He hasnt squealed at all, shows no sign of discomfort etc.
Even turned my back and caught him on the settee  >:D
He hasnt been doing the stairs etc so thats good.

I might try a short walk later this week, then slowly get back into normal routine, any sign of pain or discomfort I,ll go back for further investigation.

Offline Liz F

• Donator
« Reply #51 on: August 13, 2015, 07:43:26 PM »
Glad Riley is feeling better, hope he's ok and no investigation needed  :bigarmhug: :bigarmhug:

Liz, Olli & Diesel xx

Offline Countrygirl

• Donator
    • Countrygirl
« Reply #52 on: August 13, 2015, 08:52:41 PM »
When Ellie had a lump removed and couldn't have any walks for a week, we drove into the Peak District (we live on the edge) to a café with lovely outside space.  We did this every day for a week, luckily the weather was lovely, and it kept her happy.  We also got to know the café owners quite well!