Author Topic: Red blotches in ear  (Read 809 times)

Offline Leo0106

Red blotches in ear
« on: August 12, 2018, 03:42:28 PM »
My dog is officially throwing everything at me at the moment (and in turn im ofcourse throwing it all at you lovely people!)

Right so, leo went to the groomers yesterday.. same groomers hes always been too. However he came back yesterday and to say he looked like he had been hacked at was an understatement... the groom was awful. But i wont explain in detail. ANYWAY got in touch with my friends trusted groomer who offered to sort him out for me this morning.
When we got there she looked in his ear and it was suddenly red and blotchy! She asked if it is normally like that and i said no, she told me to keep an eye, he may be hot etc.
Anyway went for a walk, got home, slept all afternoon and the blotches are still there.

Ive attached a photo. But not sure how clear it is really.  Anyone think i need to take him to the vets?

Offline bizzylizzy

• Donator
  • 🙂 Jayne
Re: Red blotches in ear
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2018, 05:47:07 PM »
Is it both ears? If so, that might point to something the first groomer used.....did she try to shave the underside maybe?
If not, my first thought would be insect bite, grass mites or similar? Could even be that scratching has caused it. If its just the ear flaps and its not causing obvious discomfort, you can probably afford to wait and see but if the ear itself is red then yes, I‘d see a vet to be on the safe side.
Keep us posted!  :bigarmhug:to Leo!

Offline Leo0106

Re: Red blotches in ear
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2018, 07:14:13 PM »
Thanks bizzylizzy. Its in both ears, it seems to be calming now but ive never seen it before. It seems to have gone up and down today so im wondering whether the first groomer had used a different product or something. Only on the ear flaps and definatly dosnt seem to be causing an issue
.. I might just see how it goes. Hes at daycare tomorrow so my worry was something contagious but i will ask the carers thoughts tomorrow.