Author Topic: Silica 30c  (Read 800 times)

Offline Jacqs

Silica 30c
« on: August 08, 2018, 11:47:00 PM »
I need to purchase some Silica 30c.
Can anyone recommend a particular brand and advice on dosage to aid the removal of a possible foreign object in a paw.
We've retrieved what looked like a tiny thorn from the top of a small raised red lump (which is quite hard) but we can't actually see anything else in it.
Are tablets the best way to go or can you get it in liquid form?

I've got Magnesium Sulphate Paste BP already in the cupboard, so I've bathed her paw with salt water, put a thick layer of paste on and Velcro'd a toddler sock over her paw.
I've got Epsom salts in but I'm unsure what dilution to use?

Any other advice and suggestions would be gratefully received.

Can anyone also recommend some mini clippers to remove the fur inbetween the pads of her paw.

Offline Ambler54

Re: Silica 30c
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2018, 07:02:54 PM »
I used Leucillin from pets at home at the suggestion from a dog breeder......its a natural product that promoted natural healing.....whether it was coincidence or not but I sprayed on Rosies  sore paw for a day , next morning the lump on the paw was raised and weeping, squeezed it between a tissue and out popped the grass seed....sprayed again over a couple of days, paw completely back to normal ....friend has been using it on a cat with a nasty cut, He has been on antibiotics with little success but after just a couple of days there is massive improvement.Rosie had only had antibiotics 3 weeks ago for another grass seed, that time it hadnt remained in the paw but the vet gave antibiotics anyway and really dont want to keep giving Her antibiotics.