Author Topic: Natural flea treatments  (Read 1194 times)

Offline annclare

Natural flea treatments
« on: September 08, 2018, 09:28:21 AM »
A friend has just got her 1st cocker and is keen to use a natural treatment for flea, tick, mite; I have heard of Billy No Mates but not personally used it. Any recommendations?

Offline Holly Berry

• Donator
  • Today I’m going to be a b****r
Re: Natural flea treatments
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2018, 11:58:06 AM »
I use a combination of garlic and ginger powder 50:50 mixture and brewers yeast tablet.

Each day from beginning of May to end October I give 1/4 tsp of mixture and 1 brewers yeast tablet in their food. This is only really a repellent and won’t kill the fleas, but we have been flea free for several years. Not sure of the dose for a puppy though.
Rosie Cassie Lucy Poppy and Holly My Angels at the Bridge

Offline elaine.e

• Sweet William
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2018, 06:27:46 PM »
I don't use any flea or tick preventative, and haven't done for several years. I check and groom the dogs regularly and remove any ticks with a tick remover if they've got as far as attaching.

If I found fleas I would then go down the chemical road and treat the dogs with Practic (or similar) and the house with Indorex. Once rid of the little pests I'd go back to using nothing.

Offline pam1

• Donator
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2018, 08:19:20 PM »
I use Billy's no mates on my two and touch wood, fingers crossed 🙄 We have never had fleas.   I also use vita canis 'tick off' before every walk as a precaution.  Plus they also have a Dorwest herbs garlic pill a day.   I like to cover all bases!!!
Pam, Oliver and Bertie

Offline chrisp

• Site Member
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2018, 01:48:06 PM »
I've used Billy No Mates for years.  It needs to be used for several weeks before being effective.

Offline annclare

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2018, 12:38:54 PM »
Thank you for your responses; I'll pass the info on to my friend.