Author Topic: Teeth cleaning.......  (Read 2012 times)

Offline rubyduby

Teeth cleaning.......
« on: July 15, 2023, 04:44:10 PM »
My old girl is 13 1/2 and has only 4=5 teeth in her head, but they are very dirty, I have tried a couple of products that promised the earth but didnt deliver, to clean them. She cant go to the vet because of her age and she is very head shy due to lip fold soreness years ago, can anyone suggest anything that will get rid of the plaque on her teeth...that works, so tired of buying products that just dont deliver.

Offline Jaysmumagain

• Donator
Re: Teeth cleaning.......
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2023, 05:53:33 PM »
Firstly I don't think anything will really clear it, but my Ollie was really in the same boat and what teeth he had would smell which was a worry, I used Vets Best Dental Care Wipes which are moist and fit on your finger, they have no power really but if I rubbed tooth some colour would come off and basically more than anything it was comfortable for Ollie.  When things were bad and his gums were very bad I used Dentisept and again I would use the finger wipes to apply.  It has doggy Cordsyl in it - I preferred the normal rather than the adhesive form as Ollie would appear to find the sticky aspect off putting.

I would read up on both types Dentisept - there was another one but I will have to go and search my emails but it was the same formula and in pink tube.
Cocker kisses and cuddles just make my day!

You are always with me darlings Jaypup and my precious Oliver you are so missed

Offline rubyduby

Re: Teeth cleaning.......
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2023, 04:10:28 PM »
Many thanks I will look into this