Author Topic: Good news about William's cataracts and dry eye  (Read 1066 times)

Offline lindseyp

• Donator
Re: Good news about William's cataracts and dry eye
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2011, 10:10:24 AM »
That really is great news Elaine & know just how you feel with Purdey echoing Williams progress  :luv: :luv:
I'm so pleased the drops have improved Williams tear production & his cateract is remining unchanged - I'm sure you were overjoyed when you got the news  :banana:  :luv:
Do you think his BARF diet helps at all? - to my mind, this has been the main reason for Purdeys improvement & continual progress  :D

(I like the analogy you were given for William  :luv:  - Purdeys was 'like looking through net curtains' which suits her a little better I feel .....she can see out perfectly well but for those looking in, you wouldn't know anyone was in unless they put a light on   :doh: :005: :005: )
If your dog thinks you're the best.....don't seek a second opinion!!

Offline SandraD

« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2011, 03:05:27 PM »
I am so delighted for you and William Elaine, such fantastic news :D :luv: :luv:

Offline Robbie34

• Donator
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2011, 03:13:31 PM »
I'm so pleased that William's dry eye has responded to treatment. 

Unfortunately, Optimmune did not work for Charley and he is now almost totally blind. 

Offline elaine.e

• Sweet William
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2011, 04:12:37 PM »
Thanks for all your replies :D

Robbie, I'm sorry that Optimmune didn't work for Charley. Is he adapting well? My first Cocker gradually lost his sight when he was old but coped very well. I think in his case it helped that he had already slowed down quite a lot so wasn't still trying to rush round everywhere.

Lindsey, I'm absolutely sure that William's raw diet has helped with his health generally in a big way. He no longer has itchy skin (apart from one small area on his throat), no lip fold infections, no ear infections and usually does perfect poos :005:, all of which makes me think that his body and immune system must be in better shape than they used to be, so perhaps it's also helped with the Dry Eye as his is the autoimmune type where his system is trying to destroy his tear ducts.

Offline Robbie34

• Donator
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2011, 05:04:59 PM »
Charley copes very well - he's almost fourteen so sleeps most of the time - although he does occasionally bump into things in the house.  However, he has a good quality of life and loves Henry.  Unfortunately, he's also very, very deaf which makes things a bit difficult, but he enjoys his walks and he is kept on the lead.

Offline JeffandAnnie

« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2011, 06:12:00 PM »
That's grrat news for you and William  :D

Offline Poppypuppy09

• Donator
« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2011, 08:14:44 PM »
Awww thats fantastic news  :luv: :luv: :luv: