Author Topic: Runny poo  (Read 405 times)

Offline Debbie79

Runny poo
« on: August 30, 2012, 08:14:22 AM »
Hi just a bit worried about Archie's poo it's gone really runny. He is still only pooing when he normally would and is fine in him self. Is there anything I can give him? When he first came home his poos were runny but have been lovely the last few weeks. Apologies for anyone eating breakfast  ;)

Offline Jane57

• Donator
  • Riley
Re: Runny poo
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2012, 08:23:15 AM »
For almost immediate relief I would give Archie chicken and rice for each meal. It firmed up Riley literally in a day.
Not sure about the cause though, so if after going back to his own food its still runny then I would take Archie along to the vet to be safe. Hope all is ok.

Offline SophieBlueRoanLover

• Sophie Carr Photography
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2012, 08:26:24 AM »
I second Jane57 - Henry had a problem and it was cleared up after a day on chicken and rice (boiled, plain - made him extremely hungry though!).
Has he had any worming treatment recently? The first couple of doses of Drontal made Henry runny (although the last one was fine).

Offline Debbie79

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2012, 08:30:11 AM »
Thanks will try that can I ask a really silly question what ratio of chicken to rice do you give, sorry if it's a silly question. The only thing we have changed recently is started using an anti chew spray, which hasn't put him off and he still chews!  >:D

Offline Debbie79

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2012, 11:58:54 AM »
Well after three days of runny poos but a happy dog found out what was causing the problems, some plastic he had eaten and I found in a pile of poo. As soon as that had been cleared through he improved and his poos are now back to normal. It's amazing how such a small thing can uset them so much.