Author Topic: Anybody used profibre ??  (Read 319 times)

Offline Poppsie

• Donator
  • Mia and Phoebe
Anybody used profibre ??
« on: October 16, 2012, 08:18:56 PM »
Mia and Phoebe had to have their anal glands emptied about 2 weeks ago now  :luv: and yesterday I noticed the tell tale fishy smell coming from Mia AGAIN  >:( I have been putting oats in their food to bulk it up but it is making Mia have a touch of dry skin, so I rang the vet to see if they could help as I don't want to keep taking her to have them emptied. The vet nurse suggested profibre as it gets good results so I ordered some from amazon today. Has anybody used it and if so did you get good results ??? x x x

poppy 31/12/95-27/4/2009
Pebbles 14/1/97-10/2/2011 
my beautiful girls together again forever x

Offline jla

Re: Anybody used profibre ??
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2012, 10:54:19 AM »
I use it for Reah.  She tends to need hers emptying a few times a year.  I used to give her Bran and I have noticed some improvement with this but I had hoped she wouldn't need them emptying anymore.

That said I would say it's worth a try.

Offline Spoiler

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2012, 05:38:07 PM »
I bought it for Harvey as his glands kept filling up really quickly.  It wasn't a cure but for a while it elongated the time between trips to the vet. We are still having to take him far too often. Have decided to try BARF feeding as the vet is pushing us to have Harvey's glands removed, and I really don't want to have to do that.

Offline Poppsie

• Donator
  • Mia and Phoebe
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2012, 06:14:42 PM »
Well the profibre came today so we will see what the outcome will be  :huh: watch this space x x x

poppy 31/12/95-27/4/2009
Pebbles 14/1/97-10/2/2011 
my beautiful girls together again forever x

Offline lisalh

• Donator
  • Fred
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2012, 08:11:50 PM »
Kooki has this every day and although she still needs them emptied at the vets we are def taking longer between vivists now
The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog.  ~Ambrose Bierce