Author Topic: Poorly pup  (Read 13921 times)

Offline Lily Freya

• Owned by Luis, Ollie and Gracie.
Re: Poorly pup
« Reply #30 on: December 05, 2012, 10:03:56 PM »
Thanks Poppy & Lily for your kind wishes :-)

He's fast asleep now and I think I should follow.

The pluses - he did drink some of the chicken broth (and consumed more of this than anything else in the past few days) thank you Penny for that - and nothing's come back up, yipee!

Thank you, too Ralu & Linzi for goodwill messages - 'poor wee scone', you have to be Scottish, Linzi? :-)

And thanks and apologies to Sophie - who's good intentions were misread by me.

It's been a long day!

I imagine it has been a long day.

Sleep well, and hopefully we will read good thing tomorrow about little one. Xxx
No longer in my arms, but forever in my heart, my girls at the Bridge, Lily and Freya. Xx

Offline Honormum

« Reply #31 on: December 05, 2012, 10:24:52 PM »
Hope the fact that Theis has enjoyed some broth means he's turned a corner and is over the worst.

I know how much a poorly puppy can worry you - Teddy was repeatedly sick a couple of week ago, and it was almost worse than when the children are sick. He was off colour on Monday too - nothing specific, just quiet and not finishing his dinner (when usually, he inhales it!). Hate, Hate, HATE it. :'(

Hope you get some sleep tonight and a better day tomorrow.x

Offline PennyB

« Reply #32 on: December 05, 2012, 11:05:40 PM »
The pluses - he did drink some of the chicken broth (and consumed more of this than anything else in the past few days) thank you Penny for that - and nothing's come back up, yipee!

Great news - AnnieG on here gave me that tip and it worked wonders with Stella

Pleased he drank some on his own - you can also add it to food I guess as well
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!

Offline Cassie01

• Theis 08.04.2012-11.12.2012
« Reply #33 on: December 06, 2012, 11:43:10 AM »
Theis still poorly.

Went to vets this morning and they decided to keep him in. Not quite dehydrated yet, skin and gums tests all okay, but vet thought he could well be on the way - so he's in, hopefully just for today, on a fluid drip.

He has had X-rays to rule out any potential stomach obstruction but nothing was found. Vet has now taken blood samples to test for pancreatitis with results back in hopefully later today. Possible course of antibiotics and anti sickness meds to follow. They'll phone to update me later today.

Thanks for all the good wishes thus far and I'll update later tonight when he's home.

Offline SophieBlueRoanLover

• Sophie Carr Photography
« Reply #34 on: December 06, 2012, 11:45:18 AM »
:( :(
Fingers crossed for good news later. Thinking of you both xx

Offline Ruby Tuesday

• My little Jem
« Reply #35 on: December 06, 2012, 12:07:40 PM »
Poor Theis :( poor you :(

Keeping everything crossed he is soon on the up.
Julie, Ruby and Jem. And never forgetting our first precious dog, Cassie x

Offline Lily Freya

• Owned by Luis, Ollie and Gracie.
« Reply #36 on: December 06, 2012, 12:17:27 PM »
Theis still poorly.

Went to vets this morning and they decided to keep him in. Not quite dehydrated yet, skin and gums tests all okay, but vet thought he could well be on the way - so he's in, hopefully just for today, on a fluid drip.

He has had X-rays to rule out any potential stomach obstruction but nothing was found. Vet has now taken blood samples to test for pancreatitis with results back in hopefully later today. Possible course of antibiotics and anti sickness meds to follow. They'll phone to update me later today.

Thanks for all the good wishes thus far and I'll update later tonight when he's home.

Poor little man.....and poor you.  I imagine you are worried sick at the moment.

Know that you are in our thoughts, and we are keeping fingers, toes and paws all crossed for a speedy recovery.  Love from Maureen,  and doglets Luis, Ollie and Gracie. Xx
No longer in my arms, but forever in my heart, my girls at the Bridge, Lily and Freya. Xx

Offline DeeDee

« Reply #37 on: December 06, 2012, 12:28:27 PM »
Sorry I missed the earlier posts . So, so sorry that Theis has been so poorly. At least he's in the best place at the moment even though you must be worried sick. While you're waiting, I think some TLC for you is needed! Hope to read better news on your next post. Meanwhile sending a big cyber hug to you and your poorly pup. :bigarmhug:  :bigarmhug: Diana

Offline LottieLu

• Maisie ♡
    • Working Glass Jewellery
« Reply #38 on: December 06, 2012, 12:38:29 PM »
Fingers all crossed for some positive news and improvement in Theis :luv: later today. You must be worn out. Hard as it must be, it sounds the best thing for him to be at vets for now for them to keep an eye and sounds like he's being very well looked after  :luv:. Take care and sending a big  :bigarmhug:.

Offline Snoo

• Clover, DOB 17/05/11
« Reply #39 on: December 06, 2012, 01:04:27 PM »
Just caught up with this and want to wish Theis a speedy recovery. It's hateful when they are poorlyand you don't know what is wrong with them as you feel so helpless. Hope he is back home and feeling better very soon.
To know them is to love them.....

Offline JennyBee

• Princess Brodie
« Reply #40 on: December 06, 2012, 02:13:42 PM »
Poor wee man :luv:. Sorry to hear he is at the vets, it's a horrible feeling not having them with you but he will be getting well looked after - I have everything crossed the tests come back normal and he is home with you again very soon :bigarmhug:

x In memory of Barney x

Offline Poppsie

• Donator
  • Mia and Phoebe
« Reply #41 on: December 06, 2012, 02:48:14 PM »
Poor wee man :luv:. Sorry to hear he is at the vets, it's a horrible feeling not having them with you but he will be getting well looked after - I have everything crossed the tests come back normal and he is home with you again very soon :bigarmhug:

Only just caught up with this thread and can only echo was Jennybee has said hope that your little one is home real soon x x x

poppy 31/12/95-27/4/2009
Pebbles 14/1/97-10/2/2011 
my beautiful girls together again forever x

Offline LinziS

• Erin
« Reply #42 on: December 06, 2012, 04:23:42 PM »

'poor wee scone', you have to be Scottish, Linzi? :-)

:005: you are correct in that assumption

Hope to hear that your wee manny is back from the vets and on the road to recovery real soon x

My dogs are heartbeats at my feet

Offline fenby

• Donator
  • Harvey
« Reply #43 on: December 06, 2012, 04:28:03 PM »
I do hope Theis is soon back home with you and that he is feeling better. Sending lots of positive thoughts your way.

Offline Holly2009

• Inactive
« Reply #44 on: December 06, 2012, 04:37:55 PM »
Poor mite, hope he's home & feeling better soon x