Author Topic: Dentastix are good for puppy teeth  (Read 16976 times)

Offline Black Beauty & Silverfox

• Miya
Re: Dentastix are good for puppy teeth
« Reply #30 on: December 28, 2012, 04:03:25 PM »

Just purchased a baby toothbrush  and paste, also some Antos 100% natural chews [just incase] :P my pups teeth are beautiful at present but I suppose at 10.5 months perhaps you would expect them to be :-\ :shades:
I only thought that a dentastix each night before bed would help reduce the plaque build up and keep her teeth as good as they are now, how wrong can you be :embarassed: :-\

Mel.

Offline lindseyp

• Donator
« Reply #31 on: December 28, 2012, 04:36:14 PM »

Just purchased a baby toothbrush  and paste, also some Antos 100% natural chews [just incase] :P my pups teeth are beautiful at present but I suppose at 10.5 months perhaps you would expect them to be :-\ :shades:
I only thought that a dentastix each night before bed would help reduce the plaque build up and keep her teeth as good as they are now, how wrong can you be :embarassed: :-\

Mel.
Not wrong Mel ...  but more as others have said - it's down to personal choice & what you are happy to feed your dogs & your dogs are happy to eat  ;)

Chicken wings, carcasses and big recreational knuckle bones here for teeth cleaning.
Prior to feeding raw I would feed dental tic... Useless, 2 chomps and they were gone, no chewing involved.

ditto that here too Kelly - so for me the.... 

"designed to be chewed long enough to be effective.
It's gently abrasive texture combined with active ingredients that work with your dogs saliva, help reduce the build-up of plaque & tartar" 

...is not relevant & of no benefit to 3 out of my 4 dogs  :-\
If your dog thinks you're the best.....don't seek a second opinion!!

Offline jessika

• Ozzie
« Reply #32 on: December 28, 2012, 08:36:43 PM »
I think the majority of pet food is tested on animals, you never actually know who is testing on animals, alot of it is done in secret. I know people will disagree but I dont like to listen to PETA at times because they can be hypocrites (theres some facts on this on the interwebs )(and because they keep sending me emails because I filled in a survey for them a few years back and said not to contact me back  >:D )

Follow Ozzie at  instagram.com/ozzie_cockerdile

Offline Toni-UK

• Site Member
  • Booby-Doo
« Reply #33 on: December 28, 2012, 08:43:30 PM »
If anyone cares to type in Iams+beagles on you tube there is some horrific footage of animal testing their product in labs filmed under cover.
It got me thinking how has my own kibble been tested.

Sorry,wandering off topic.
People laugh at me because I'm different, but I laugh at them because they are all the same.

Offline jessika

• Ozzie
« Reply #34 on: December 28, 2012, 08:44:46 PM »
For some reason they always seem to test on Beagles :'( but yes, it gets me wondering too, you never know what goes on behind closed doors as they say

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
« Reply #35 on: December 28, 2012, 09:11:32 PM »
I think the majority of pet food is tested on animals, you never actually know who is testing on animals, alot of it is done in secret. I know people will disagree but I dont like to listen to PETA at times because they can be hypocrites (theres some facts on this on the interwebs )(and because they keep sending me emails because I filled in a survey for them a few years back and said not to contact me back  >:D )

re the Emails: if you don't want to read them, mark them as Junk & they will go in a separate folder and should be deleted. Hotmail deletes any I get within a month, if I have not done so myself.
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.

Offline Tiramisu

« Reply #36 on: January 04, 2013, 08:24:19 PM »
i gave terri who's now 1yr & 9mth denstatix when he was a pup with brilliant teeth (still giving him now, but not as frequent), but he got tartar on several teeth!! so what woud you say??

he doesnt like stag bar, but he likes logic teeth gel :D we started logic gel for several months, and it's pretty good...

Offline Ruby Tuesday

• My little Jem
« Reply #37 on: January 04, 2013, 08:47:48 PM »
i gave terri who's now 1yr & 9mth denstatix when he was a pup with brilliant teeth (still giving him now, but not as frequent), but he got tartar on several teeth!! so what woud you say??

he doesnt like stag bar, but he likes logic teeth gel :D we started logic gel for several months, and it's pretty good...

I use Plaque Off, you just sprinkle a bit on their food each day. It works a treat.
Julie, Ruby and Jem. And never forgetting our first precious dog, Cassie x

Offline twiceover2

• Donator
« Reply #38 on: January 04, 2013, 09:31:38 PM »

I use Plaque Off, you just sprinkle a bit on their food each day. It works a treat.

Plaque off worked brilliantly on my cat's teeth. Haven't tried it on the dogs as raw bones seem to be doing the trick so far.

Offline bracken

• Site Member
« Reply #39 on: January 04, 2013, 09:45:15 PM »
I rarely give chews of any kind ...I have show cockers so they are always having their teeth looked at and I'm happy to say are sparkling  :luv: my show girl is nearly 3. I use Pro Logic toothpaste about 3 \4 times a week and they always have a raw carrot after eating their kibble.

Offline jessika

• Ozzie
« Reply #40 on: January 04, 2013, 11:41:41 PM »
Like I have mentioned somewhere above, Ozzie only has denta-stix when he is at my grandparents house, because she buys them in for him and another family members puppy, at home he has rawhide chews, special vegatable based toothbrush chews (shaped like crocodiles) which we buy from the vets or carrot when we have them in a meal, he gets half of one to chew on, but when he gets a bit older we will be buying some "plaque-off" which is what the vet reccomended to us because I dont think Ozzie would be happy with geting his teeth brushed :005:

Offline Black Beauty & Silverfox

• Miya
« Reply #41 on: January 05, 2013, 12:11:34 PM »
I rarely give chews of any kind ...I have show cockers so they are always having their teeth looked at and I'm happy to say are sparkling  :luv: my show girl is nearly 3. I use Pro Logic toothpaste about 3 \4 times a week and they always have a raw carrot after eating their kibble.

Is Pro Logic readily available in pet stores?

Mel.

Offline wendall

• Donator
  • Honey and Pip
« Reply #42 on: January 05, 2013, 12:45:32 PM »
Honey has tripe sticks, though they do smell >:(. She obviously doesnt think they do the job well enough as I have just found her chewing on my daughters hair clip!!!!!!
Rosie,rest in peace my beautiful little girl, you will be in my heart forever. 2/2/12-24/10/12

Offline Sarah.H

• Site Member
  • charlie
« Reply #43 on: January 05, 2013, 03:16:59 PM »

Is Pro Logic readily available in pet stores?

Mel.

I get it from the vets, from what I remember its quite cheap  :-\

It will still work a bit even if you can't brush it directly onto the teeth.

Millie

Offline Tiramisu

« Reply #44 on: January 05, 2013, 05:27:35 PM »
i used a whole bottle of plague off before moving on to logic gel... plague off is completely useless on my doggy...