Author Topic: Axa renewal gone up from £27 to £190 per month for 1 dog!!! UPDATE: No mistake!  (Read 11450 times)

Offline SophieBlueRoanLover

• Sophie Carr Photography
So, update...

BBC Radio 4's "You and Yours" (a consumer affairs programme which has apparently been going since 1970!) is featuring this Axa "issue" on their show on Thursday 5th Sept (it's on between 12 and 1pm just after the news). I spoke with them earlier (went into the studios behind Broadcasting House and sat in an empty studio while being interviewed remotely) and they're interviewing another person who's had a 470% increase, and had asked Axa to comment (no word yet).

The story will also be featured in Dog's Today magazine at some point!

Have also sent off a complaint letter to Axa.
We shall see what happens! Shall keep you all posted.

In the meantime, need to take out a new policy (assuming I lose this appeal) - probably with PetPlan.

Offline JennyBee

• Princess Brodie
Will have to listen in on Thursday, it will be interesting to see what AXA say (assuming they do say something!)

x In memory of Barney x

Offline twiceover2

• Donator
Good for you.  I will have to locate radio 4 and listen in tomorrow.

Offline Cassie01

• Theis 08.04.2012-11.12.2012
Wow - super speedy action. It's great to see that level of support emanating from social media groups.

I'll definitely tune in!

Offline Mary P

• Site Member
Good on you for doing something about it. I really do hope that AXA do something about it. Please keep me informed as I think that we will have the same problem when our renewal comes through

Same here - thanks!

Inky has cost them about £1300 recently, and it's a life long condition, so potentially more blood tests and pills to come. They gave me a really difficult time when I claimed, as they didn't understand that if you have rescue dog, you (by definition) don't have a full medical history. They tried to tell me they wouldn't process the claim without it!! I eventually got the rescue concerned to write to them, despite the two vets involved and me trying to explain.....

(PS, please take a look at my link below.)
Mary P

Please help me raise £1000 for MAGGIE'S CENTRES
Thanks!

www.justgiving.com/Mary-Cuba2015

I NEED YOUR HELP, PLEASE DONATE!!! PLEASE ASK OTHERS TO DONATE!!!

Offline chrisp

• Site Member
Axa renewal gone up from £27 to £190 per month for 1 dog!!! UPDATE: No mistake!
« Reply #50 on: September 04, 2013, 10:03:00 PM »
Oh well done!  That's a brilliant way to get attention.  Let's hope it snowballs and makes them think again!

Offline mlynnf50

• Donator
Good for you also try Martins money tips he loves things like this. Good luck

Offline PennyB

So, update...

BBC Radio 4's "You and Yours" (a consumer affairs programme which has apparently been going since 1970!) is featuring this Axa "issue" on their show on Thursday 5th Sept (it's on between 12 and 1pm just after the news). I spoke with them earlier (went into the studios behind Broadcasting House and sat in an empty studio while being interviewed remotely) and they're interviewing another person who's had a 470% increase, and had asked Axa to comment (no word yet).

The story will also be featured in Dog's Today magazine at some point!

Have also sent off a complaint letter to Axa.
We shall see what happens! Shall keep you all posted.

In the meantime, need to take out a new policy (assuming I lose this appeal) - probably with PetPlan.

I gathered it must be you as you mentioned 'a forum'
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!

Offline Darwin

I'll listen to it on catch up.
I had forgotten we're with AXA.
We renewed in May, Darwin was just 4yrs old.
We're just outside London, but just in the M25
We're paying £277 this year which is a increase of just £37

Offline JennyBee

• Princess Brodie
My sister turned up with my niece and nephew right at 12pm >:D so will listen to it on catch up too. Sophie, have you seen the latest post by Dog's Today about the One Show?

x In memory of Barney x

Offline Mary P

• Site Member
Not a lot of hope that they will row back.....
Mary P

Please help me raise £1000 for MAGGIE'S CENTRES
Thanks!

www.justgiving.com/Mary-Cuba2015

I NEED YOUR HELP, PLEASE DONATE!!! PLEASE ASK OTHERS TO DONATE!!!

If anyone would like to listen to the report, it's the first item on the show, available on iPlayer:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b039d4bg

I sat in the car in a carpark above a beach on the Lizard Peninsual in Cornwall with a wet sleepy dog in the back, listening to myself on the radio - very surreal! They also had Rachel from Dog's Today magazine and a guy who was from a vet's organisation.

Also just had an email from the researcher on the show - Axa didn't comment but said they'd look into my case. Will probably get a quicker response than via the normal complaints route....

Offline ali2010

We have just received our renewal from AXA, the new monthly premium is £207.82 thats £2493 per year.  There is no way we can afford it but as some of you are aware Albert has just had an operation to remove an area of cancer for his liver and is currently receiving chemotherapy. This means really that we will have to pay for the policy. Will definately be making a complaint. Sophie have you heard back from AXA yet?

Offline JennyBee

• Princess Brodie
That is shocking :-\. What a horrific amount to have to pay, totally unbelievable that they can do this to someone with a seriously ill dog, knowing full well they can't go to another company.

I hope you get somewhere with your complaint :-\

x In memory of Barney x

We have just received our renewal from AXA, the new monthly premium is £207.82 thats £2493 per year.  There is no way we can afford it but as some of you are aware Albert has just had an operation to remove an area of cancer for his liver and is currently receiving chemotherapy. This means really that we will have to pay for the policy. Will definately be making a complaint. Sophie have you heard back from AXA yet?
Have PM'ed you - we're away in Cornwall, so haven't heard anything yet (but it's unlikely that there's a letter offering to reinstate my policy at the old level on my doorstep upon my return!).

This clearly shows that mine wasn't an anomaly - they're presumably doing this to anyone whose dog has a pre-existing condition, in order to get rid of us. Absolutely disgusting. But let's hope the complaints and the publicity will get us somewhere. I'm keeping an eye on the FB discussion on it, and will be pursuing it fully once I'm back home (next week).