Author Topic: Post-prandial face-plant rug/sofa surfing?  (Read 2127 times)

Offline Lobo do Mar

• Donator
Post-prandial face-plant rug/sofa surfing?
« on: April 07, 2022, 02:55:05 PM »
Just out of interest - not something I want to stop or even think its possible to stop as he has always done this:

After eating Salty lowers his front legs an puts his nose / side of his face on the rug (or sofa), and with his bum in the air powers himself along with his back legs for a few minutes in a spectacularly energetic display of Cocker madness.

What on earth is this all about? :lol2:

Offline bizzylizzy

• Donator
  • 🙂 Jayne
Re: Post-prandial face-plant rug/sofa surfing?
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2022, 03:08:10 PM »
No idea  :shades: but Humphrey always does it after eating!! He also does it in fresh snow  :huh:
 :lol: :lol:

Offline Jaysmumagain

• Donator
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2022, 08:52:45 AM »
Ollie does the same, he also does it when I clean his teeth, with Ollie's age I assumed it was either his ears or gums. both of which are looked at with his 3 monthly medication check.  The vets thought it was his gums and to keep on doing what I am doing.  Even when he was young he would do

But as it is something he has always done on waking in a morning he has a carpet push along, and after eating he heads with his head :005: for my new lounge rug :D
Cocker kisses and cuddles just make my day!

You are always with me darlings Jaypup and my precious Oliver you are so missed

Offline Finvarra

• Milo, best of dogs
    • Gaia Art
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2022, 12:21:43 PM »
Dylan does this at times, he rubs his jaw on the edge of the rug, guess it's more rough. A few months ago the vet said he had lip fold dermatitis, it wasn't severe, but guess it was itchy, hence the rubbing. I bathe his lip fold twice a week with Hibiscrub now, and he does it only occasionally now. Might be worth checking his lip folds. But I've had other dogs that loved to carpet surf for the sheer hell of it!
Lesley
Remembering All the dogs of my life, especially Milo

Offline langcliffe

• Settle Music
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2022, 07:01:49 AM »
Bramble (12 years) does this too.. particularly after eating.. she does it more now than ever.. and has even made the skin around her eyes sore from doing it.. sounds like hibiscrub is worth getting..
Linda & Allan
 www.settlemusic.co.uk
Thinking about Music....

Offline Lobo do Mar

• Donator
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2022, 07:54:29 AM »
It does seem to be for the hell of it, he has no problems with his mouth or ears, and never has done

I have read that it is to clean / remove scent of food / expressions of joy, BUT as usual you start to see am online pattern of copy paste between blogs from people who like dogs with no back up and it could have all just come from one persons fantasies replicating all over the WWW

I have, to investigate further :)

I love it - its so funny to watch, usually finished of by a fit of back rolling and sneezing in his bed then he suddenly pops up into a sit with his hair all Einstein with a look of, 'why are you all laughing?' :lol2:

A similar thing is when he gets even slightly wet in the rain - if we can coax him out of the door that is - he then comes in and does various 'fly-bys' along the front of the sofa - but this is clearly just to dry off