Author Topic: Hello and so very pleased to find you  (Read 2801 times)

Offline JaspersMadhouse

Hello and so very pleased to find you
« on: September 06, 2022, 08:15:32 AM »
Hello all
I am Pippa, and am now the owned human of Jasper the 11 week old Cocker spaniel.  Having lost our much missed Barney the Springer spaniel 2 years ago at 15, it’s taken a while to decide on having another dog.  I naively thought, if I can manage a Springer (and he took to training and had a beautiful temperament, but still mad) I thought a Cocker would be fine – 2 weeks in and Jasper is wonderful, but hard work, especially that mad hour mid evening which I have discovered is a thing!

I have sought out this forum in desperation and already feel reassured that we’ll get there!   Second injections are tomorrow, and 'I' start puppy classes on Friday (without him for the first week until he can go out next week.)

So many challenges ahead, but I have a lot of faith in this forum keeping me sane! 

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
Re: Hello and so very pleased to find you
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2022, 08:51:11 AM »
Hello and welcome to you and Jasper, this is indeed a good place to come for all things cocker (and other things too ;) )

I have two of the little lovelies  Minstrel (9) and Branston (8 ) and have learnt quite a lot from the forum over the years.

We are a friendly bunch so don't be afraid to ask if you have questions. Enjoy your little lad  ;) :shades:
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.

Offline bizzylizzy

• Donator
  • 🙂 Jayne
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2022, 09:45:32 AM »
Hi and a big welcome from me and Humphrey.
I can only second what Mudmagnets has said, this is a wonderful place for all things cocker (and sometimes even non dog related!). We see each other through lots of ups and downs and there‘s always someone with some helpful advice!
Looking forward to hearing more about Jasper (and don’t forget to hide the socks!  :005:)
 :luv:

Offline ejp

• Donator
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2022, 04:49:36 PM »
Hello, and welcome to the forum.  You are doing well as you have understood who owns who in this partnership!  :005:  Do not be worried about asking anything, even if you think it's daft, someone will probably have beaten you to it!  Many interesting discussions to be had, good times, bad times and sad times.  We all rub along quite nicely.  Enjoy your solo puppy class, the one after will be more of an adventure I would think.  Wine, chocolate and a wee chat on here may become more important in your life now  :lol2:  Looking forward to hearing more from you and Jasper.  Enjoy your puppy.  :luv:

Offline Jaysmumagain

• Donator
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2022, 08:10:03 AM »
Hi Pippa

Welcome to COL so glad you found us.  Between us we have lots of things in common, but the main thing is being owned by a mad loveable cocker spaniel, mine is Ollie he will be a grand old age in November.

Just shout out if you have any concerns, sooner or later advice will pop up.
Cocker kisses and cuddles just make my day!

You are always with me darlings Jaypup and my precious Oliver you are so missed

Offline MIN

• GEMMA
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2022, 07:40:59 PM »
Hello from me and ginger ninja wcs Gemma.  Welcome to our world and forget your world that was  :shades:
Run free and fly high my beautiful Gemma
2011 - 2023 

----

Offline bizzylizzy

• Donator
  • 🙂 Jayne
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2022, 08:30:26 PM »
  Welcome to our world and forget your world that was  :shades:

:lol: :lol: