Author Topic: Farewell to Bramble  (Read 3059 times)

Offline langcliffe

• Settle Music
Farewell to Bramble
« on: August 17, 2022, 08:31:42 AM »
So with a heavy heart, I have to write  that we had to say farewell to Bramble on monday  afternoon, This was a massive surprise to us, as after the last  18months months of her having bouts of diahorrea and pancreatitis , we got it under control and she was in a relatively good place. She loved snuffle-mats, and food releasing toys , and games involving food. However she had been showing  signs of Canine Cognitive disorder and had become even more vocal .  Very early Saturday morning she had an episode and her legs became weak, she was circling, panting, falling over, getting stuck in corners and for the next 48 hours she was silent. The vet on saturday was young, did not know Bramble and thought it was heat stroke, but we we knew that was not the case as our house was cool, and she did not go out between 9am and 9pm unless for a comfort break., she had stopped eating This diagnosis was not helped by Bramble rallying on walking into the surgery, and wagging her tail, and eating traets, ( we think her adrenaline kicked in) Once we got home we she faded back again. Allan skept her company overnight. On Monday we went back to the vet and saw a vet who knew her this time, no rallying, just atired wee dog who was confused and anxious. Time to let her go. Better a day early , than a day late. Our hearts are broken and our house is so empty without our merry cocker.
I want to say thank you to cocker forum members for being there over the last 12 years, for advice and friendship and we have happy memories of a meetup at Bolton Abbey a few years back. What fun that was .. especially when we took over the cafe at the end.. all those happy waggt tails!!  Thank you everyone whereever you are.
Linda & Allan
 www.settlemusic.co.uk
Thinking about Music....

Offline Finvarra

• Milo, best of dogs
    • Gaia Art
Re: Farewell to Bramble
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2022, 01:26:34 PM »
So sorry to hear you have lost your dear pal. Hope many happy memories sustain you in the empty days ahead.
Lesley and Dylan
Remembering All the dogs of my life, especially Milo

Offline vixen

• Stevie and Marley
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2022, 02:06:38 PM »
So sorry for your loss of Bramble. Nothing prepares you for the loss.   My previous precious girl had dementia in her last months, although not the same as canine cognitive disorder it does have similarities, the circling, the inability to settle.   
 :bigarmhug: :bigarmhug: :bigarmhug: to you and your family.
Max (GSP)  always in my heart

Offline bizzylizzy

• Donator
  • 🙂 Jayne
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2022, 02:30:18 PM »
So sorry about Bramble, it‘s a pain that only us pet people can understand. Hold on tight to all those lovely happy memories and Bramble will stay with you and help you through.
Sending :bigarmhug:

Offline MIN

• GEMMA
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2022, 03:25:01 PM »
So sad to hear  of the loss of your beloved  Bramble.  Run high and free Bramble  ❤️❤️
Run free and fly high my beautiful Gemma
2011 - 2023 

----

Offline Jaysmumagain

• Donator
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2022, 04:20:32 PM »
So saddened to read of Bramble passing. It is so sad when we say goodbye to our precious loved ones.

Run free darling Bramble
Cocker kisses and cuddles just make my day!

You are always with me darlings Jaypup and my precious Oliver you are so missed

Offline ejp

• Donator
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2022, 08:52:17 PM »
I am very sorry that Bramble has gone. No words can help, but you know that we know how you feel.
Run free sweet Bramble.  :luv:

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2022, 11:12:43 PM »
So sorry to read of your loss of Bramble. Run free little man  :luv:

Sending some  :bigarmhug: :bigarmhug: I hope they help
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.

Offline annclare

« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2022, 08:51:24 AM »

Rest in love and peace dear Bramble. x

Offline sueneil

• Site Member
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2022, 03:03:10 PM »
Fly free over rainbow bridge Bramble