Author Topic: Lump found  (Read 6879 times)

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
Re: Lump found
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2022, 08:54:12 AM »
Sorry to read your update on Gemma.  :luv:

Wishing you good news on the lump
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.

Offline MIN

• GEMMA
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2022, 04:37:54 PM »
Thanks friends for the good wishes. Gemma always had a odd looking titty. That's why we were able to pick up on the change. 10years of wondering  is it, isn't it.. It was measured at 1.6 so is still small but the growth has been quick. Gemma only weighs in at 9kg. The reason why we have decided to move on it was to cut down on anaesthetic. It would have been one lot for xrays, bloods and biopsy then another dollop if it needed removing.   This way its removed then examined. Now to get some printer ink as mine has dried up so can access claim forms
Run free and fly high my beautiful Gemma
2011 - 2023 

----

Offline ejp

• Donator
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2022, 06:33:31 PM »
I think that is very wise, and personally, I would want it gone as soon as. Good luck with the forms!

Offline MIN

• GEMMA
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2022, 04:15:17 PM »
Little soldier is now home and sleeping. On pre op tests they found a liver enzyme problem which we had to decide whether to go ahead with lump op. Possible cancer threat outdid a liver glitch. All other results and x rays where of no concern. However, mast cells have been mentioned and she has got some meds to help bring inflammation down, also they should help curb the enzyme problem.. Short toilet walks and NO excitement (fat chance).. She will have complete rest until holibobs..  At least purse didn't have major trauma
2011 - 2023 

----

Offline Jaysmumagain

• Donator
« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2022, 05:54:26 PM »
Min - not sure what all this means - but they have said meds will help inflammation, so sounds hopeful

Main thing is your girl is home and receiving the best loving care and rest for her holibobs.

:bigarmhug: from me and Ol
Cocker kisses and cuddles just make my day!

You are always with me darlings Jaypup and my precious Oliver you are so missed

Offline MIN

• GEMMA
« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2022, 06:30:13 PM »
Min - not sure what all this means - but they have said meds will help inflammation, so sounds hopeful
 : :shades: the liver enzyme high count, they have put dpwn to her having inflammation in her mouth, gums. The antibiotics for her operation recovery should also help the mouth inflammation and so get the enzyme count down. I BELIVE  :huh: :huh: :shades:

Main thing is your girl is home and receiving the best loving care and rest for her holibobs.

2011 - 2023 

----

Offline ejp

• Donator
« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2022, 08:11:30 PM »
Main thing is, the op is over, and the munchkin is home and snoozing.  Good luck with the keeping quiet thing, that will be interesting!  Hopefully the liver enzyme thing is not an issue, but at least now you know and they can do something about it.  So glad it is done now.  Large glass of something delicious required for you.

Offline bizzylizzy

• Donator
  • 🙂 Jayne
« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2022, 08:24:07 PM »
 : :shades: the liver enzyme high count, they have put dpwn to her having inflammation in her mouth, gums. The antibiotics for her operation recovery should also help the mouth inflammation and so get the enzyme count down. I BELIVE  :huh: :huh: :shades:

[/quote

Nothing ‚s ever straightforward with cockers is it?  :huh: :lol2:
It does sound positive though, so lets hope the little lady will be an obedient patient, rest and relax and be fit and recovered by holibob time! Sending  :bigarmhug: to you both ! X

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2022, 09:13:00 PM »
Wishing Gemma a speedy recovery  :luv:
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.

Offline Finvarra

• Milo, best of dogs
    • Gaia Art
« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2022, 02:45:01 PM »
Hope Gemma is well soon and fighting fit for the holiday.
Remembering All the dogs of my life, especially Milo

Offline ejp

• Donator
« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2022, 09:11:47 PM »
How is Gemma doing now?

Offline MIN

• GEMMA
« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2022, 10:01:31 AM »
Post op plus a couple of days Gemma is being Gemma  :luv: At her check up the scar is looking very red and angry. They are a bit concerned about Mast cells. They were also concerned about them pre op. She is on antibiotics, metacalm and antihistamines. We have another check up Friday and should have biopsy results then. She has a medical suit to wear and I have purchased a couple of tee shirts for her to wear on holibobs..
It been a trying week with gemma's op, been to the vet with my mums dog, had to let her go to the bridge in the end. All we needed was possible mammary cancer. But we are hopeful it will be just a lump.
Thanks for all the thoughts and wishes. Gemma is taking it like the grand old lady she is :luv:
2011 - 2023 

----

Offline ejp

• Donator
« Reply #27 on: July 31, 2022, 07:28:31 PM »
It has been a very difficult week for you.  I am very sorry about your mum's dog, that is a huge loss for her.  Glad Gemma is taking it all in her stride.  I really hope Friday brings positive news. 

Offline MIN

• GEMMA
« Reply #28 on: August 02, 2022, 12:01:42 PM »
GUTTED
Gemma's biopsy is the worst news. High grade cancer growth of the spreadable kind. (didn't take it all in) Good news, they got a good clean clearance around it and the lump was small. Ongoing, is to keep regular checks to spot any other lumps as nothing at this stage medical can help.  :'(
2011 - 2023 

----

Offline bizzylizzy

• Donator
  • 🙂 Jayne
« Reply #29 on: August 02, 2022, 12:53:17 PM »
So sorry to hear that Min, that‘s a real blow and certainly not what any of us were hoping for! What a good thing you followed your instincts though and got it sorted before you went on holidays otherwise you‘d be chewing yourself,  up on top of everything else. The outlook does sound positive and hopefully they‘ve caught it in time.
Sending lots of  :bigarmhug: :bigarmhug: to you both, hope you can relax a little now and look forward to holibobs, there’s not a lot more you can do at the moment except spoil the patient but I‘m sure you’re doing plenty of that anyway!  ;).
Sending lots of healing thoughts, and wishing you all the best!
 :luv: Jayne and Humph‘