Author Topic: aggressive zoomies when wet  (Read 2280 times)

Offline dave w

• Site Member
aggressive zoomies when wet
« on: July 19, 2022, 08:43:44 PM »
Hugo is just coming up to a year old and is a bit of a handful sometimes, he's like a gremlin if he gets wet. he's ok at first but when we dry him he goes completely nuts.
he gets the zoomies but goes crazy smashing into the cupboards or doors and he can be a bit aggressive and starts biting and growling. you know when there's going to be trouble when you can see the whites of his eyes. i don't think he means to bite it just like he can't control himself he doesn't bite that hard that he breaks the skin but harder than i would like.
if you can get him into his cage he calms down instantly but you have to take a few nips in the process. anyone else's dogs behave like this.

Offline Pearly

• Donator
  • Pearl, Coral, Sally, Purdey and Kukri
Re: aggressive zoomies when wet
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2022, 01:31:17 PM »
Yes.  All six that we’ve had or have do or did!  Its just excitement and adrenalin!

Offline Finvarra

• Milo, best of dogs
    • Gaia Art
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2022, 02:06:12 PM »
None of mine have liked the towelling dry after a bath to a lesser or greater degree. Dylan especially, who hates water with a passion, growls at the towel and tugs and bites it whilst wriggling like demented squeaky piglet. He has never gone for me though. Then he races round the garden barking furiously. Hopefully Hugo will calm down a bit when he grows up a bit.
Lesley and Dylan
Remembering All the dogs of my life, especially Milo

Offline ejp

• Donator
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2022, 06:37:15 PM »
I have no idea what happens to turn them crazy when they get wet, it definitely seems to be a thing! Ours were all like that  :lol2:

Offline vixen

• Stevie and Marley
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2022, 07:05:57 PM »
Not just cockers.  I used to have ferrets and after having a bath, they went crazy too  :005: :005:
Max (GSP)  always in my heart