Author Topic: Looking For A New Friend In Scotland  (Read 1060 times)

Offline Stonehaven

• Site Member
Looking For A New Friend In Scotland
« on: January 20, 2006, 06:40:36 PM »
We lost our friend Boris (tri-colour working cocker) on Nov 16 very suddenly - cardiac myopthy at age of 9 - and we are looking for a young, but ideally house trained cocker. We have a 10 year old lmale lab - whom the vet has said is despartely in need of a new companion - and two kids aged 1 and 5.

I have had dogs all of my life - beagle until age 13, Irish setter for the next 12 years, springer overlapping the setter 6 years each way, then Boris and Murph (our lab). My wife has had dogs since Boris came along and the kids have always had dogs.

References can be had from our vet and loacl kennels (we have been using both since Boris was a puupy).

We are in North-east Scotland but could travel to central belt etc.

Offline Stonehaven

• Site Member
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2006, 10:47:23 PM »
After reading a lot about resuce dogs and advice against taking a rescue when you have young children, we have decide to buy a 5 month old pup from a local breeder, Kinaldie Kennels near Arbroath. The breeder had originally intended on keeping him but has decided she hasn't got the time to show him, so put him up for sale.
'Basil' - my five year old named him - is a blue raon of show stock so much smaller than   our much missed 'Boris' - he was a large working strain, bigger than many springers. We are collecting Basil next week.
Thanks for the advice given by pms etc.

Offline *Jay*

• Donator
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2006, 07:37:18 AM »
THank you for the update and will look forward to hearing all about Basil when you get him home :D
Dallas ( 10) & Disney ( 9 )

Playing at the Bridge: Brook (13/06/04), Jackson (23/12/05) & Vegas (14/07/10)