Author Topic: Junior Forum?  (Read 1053 times)

Offline JaspersMum

• Donator
Junior Forum?
« on: November 15, 2006, 01:35:17 PM »
I get quite concerned about what my daughter wants to comment on sometimes and she always shows me now before she posts, BUT how about a junior Forum so the kids on here can talk "their own language" about what they are doing with their dogs?

See kido_meg and Emmy!

Jenny - owned by Jasper, Ellie, Heidi, Louie & Charlie

Offline Mary

• Global Moderator
Re: Junior Forum?
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2006, 02:16:07 PM »
I'm not sure we attract that many junior members :-\  It is something that would need to be given some careful consideration though.  We'll have to get back to you on this.
Mary & Lottie x

Offline Tracy S

• Site Member
  • louie-blue shoes
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2006, 03:53:09 PM »

I would love to see a junior forum, I think it's wonderful that there are so many youngsters who are taking a keen interest in their dogs.  Like JasperMum, I am sometimes concerned about what my daughter will post,  even though she is 'supposed' to check first ;)

The only problem is, I certainly wouldn't get near the computer :005:

Offline Cob-Web

• Inactive
  • To err is human, to forgive, canine
    • Walking on Wight Blog
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2006, 06:30:12 PM »
I think the risk of a "junior forum" is that it will be identified by people looking for "children" to target - at the moment, the junior members are protected by the fact that they are indistinguishable from the adult members...but a junior board will instantly identify which members are younger  :-\

We do share a lot of personal information amongst us here which can be seen by anyone (e-mail addresses, photo's, holiday plans etc); it would worry me if junior members were somehow singled out, as they can be such vulnerable targets :(
Enrich your life with an Oldie!
Oldies Club

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2006, 11:31:36 PM »
Protecting our younger members is our main concern and that is the reason why we've decided a Junior Board isn't a viable option for the moment, sorry. I know when we're chatting away on the forum, it's easy to think we're in a safe little bubble with friends but in reality it's not like that - even if we made a Junior Board accessible to members only, it would unfortunately be impossible to verify that everyone joining it really was who they say they are :(
Jane