Author Topic: My Baby Girl  (Read 6311 times)

Anonymous

My Baby Girl
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2003, 09:09:07 AM »
Hi Alexander,

Rainbow is just gorgeous ;D  Indie has been in a crate at nightime since day one ;D  Now on the first 2 nights we put paper in, we folded her vet bed in half so she had half bed half paper.  Then on day three we took out the paper, and put her vet bed across the whole of the crate and it worked ;D ;D No mess since that day at nightime!!  Dogs generally dont like to mess their beds, so I think this is why it works so well, although accidents may happen occasionally!  Good luck.

Emma and Indie                    

Offline Tricialane

• Site Member
My Baby Girl
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2003, 11:41:05 AM »
Emma, that's just what I did, except I left the paper in for a few weeks rather than days.  The only difference was that I didn't think to fold the vet bed.  I cut it in half so now have two small pieces that are a bit of a pain.  Silly me!   ::)                    
Tricia

Offline xander_ho

• Site Member
My Baby Girl
« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2003, 12:13:50 PM »
Thanks Tracey, Emma, Tricia and Indie :-*,

I understand now and I know what to do ;D, I'll leave the paper only at nightime or away for a while!! 8) I have been folding the vet bed in half like you Emma but she has been chewing at it and might have swallowed some bit of the rubber and synthetic fur. Does anybody knows if its harmful?? ??? Now I have replace the bedding with just a cotton towel. Just hope she doesn't start eating the towel!! ::)

Alexander :)                    

Offline murphy2003

• Site Member
My Baby Girl
« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2003, 03:30:32 PM »
Hi there,

Rainbow is a cutie and what a loverly name. We was just the same with our dog Murphy when we got him.

It takes time for them to adjust, and in time she will learn.

We used to sit outside with Murphy for ages and when he did something we praised him to bits.

Also if there are any little mistakes at the very moment he did do anything in the house, we would pick him up and take him straight to the garden. Eventually it clicked.... all that is needed is time and little rainbow will learn.

Have fun with your new puppy, has they dont stay small for long. :)

Murphy's mum - Amanda                    
Murphys mum - Amanda