Author Topic: walkies and tantrums  (Read 2595 times)

Offline Julie Marie

• Site Member
walkies and tantrums
« on: October 02, 2003, 06:20:25 PM »
hi folks, i am finding it a bit of a problem walking my benny who is 3 months old. My 7 year old and I love to walk him and look at the countryside/seaside and local flowers etc however my four year old is a nightmare and gets bored and moans and refuses to walk and has tantrums etc etc etc. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. I have to take him with me for walks cos i am a single mum so i was trying to think of things to occupy the four year old so he enjoys himself.

I would also like to find a toy that cockers love to chase so he gets loadsa running n exercise before the tantrums set in. I have a couple of balls on rope and just normal tennis balls but he gets bored of them quickly.

Any ideas??  :)

ps how old are puppies when they have better bladder control etc. Ben is still having a few accidents inside.                    
Jools

Offline Jay.doyle

• Site Member
walkies and tantrums
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2003, 06:33:48 PM »
Hi there,

We are complete novices as we have only had our cocker for 1 week, and he can't go out yet!

But have you tried the activity ball, where you can put treats inside? I have bought one today from the local pet shop for £6.99, put some puppy treats inside (which he can't get out unless you make the hole large enough) and it has kept our puppy occupied for hours!!! Might be worth a try.

Good luck

Jason, Alexis & Simba                    

Offline Surfing Spaniel

• Site Member
walkies and tantrums
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2003, 08:01:16 PM »
Hiya
I guess I'm lucky as my 4 yr old is at school. When she does go for walks with Dylan (hes 18 weeks old) we go to the park so she can play & then take the dog for a run. On Sunday we took the dog to another park, this time my daughter was occupied by collecting conkers. I guess pine cone collecting would keep her happy as well, she loves doing things like that. I think with young kids you forget that the simple things keep them playing for ages, I'm just sat here thinking Sunday might be a good day to go kicking some autumn leaves lol.
Hope this helps  :)                    

Offline Jenney

• Site Member
walkies and tantrums
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2003, 08:03:25 PM »
Hi Daisy,

I don't have any kids just a boyfriend (v v similar! :-) We bought Jake a football on a rope which has rapidly become both his & Roger's fav toy! Just an idea at least your boys can join in a game of football with Benny then! :D