Author Topic: She's Home  (Read 4999 times)

Offline Marylee

• Site Member
She's Home
« on: October 03, 2003, 04:32:04 PM »
After 7 and a half weeks we've finally got our orange-roan home!

We've called her Rhona and I'm very proud to say that all her business activities have been on the newspaper. She's sooo adorable one minute she'll be bouncing around dead hyper and the next shes on the floor fast asleep. I'll do my best to try and get a photo on the site as soon as possible.

But really this is just a thank you post for everyone, especially Jane, for all your help and advise in finding our newest member of the family.

Thanks again Marylee xx                    

Offline Snoop Doggie

• Site Member
She's Home
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2003, 08:09:11 PM »
your pup is the same age as ours. And ours is an Orange Roan too...

Can't wait to see a pic of her.                    

Offline LindaW

• Site Member
    • http://www.shandardel-cockers.co.uk
She's Home
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2003, 10:10:27 AM »
This post seems to have been duplicated ??? ::)                    
Linda
xx
Jodie, Pippa, Daisy, Lolly, Gem, Tigger, Butty, Fanny and Coco!

Offline Mike

• Retired!
  • Site Member
She's Home
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2003, 10:12:37 AM »
I just deleted the other one Linda, to keep things tidy  :)                    

Offline Snoop Doggie

• Site Member
She's Home
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2003, 06:34:03 PM »
our pups a right little terror. She keeps having mad ten minutes with her toys in her bed and rolling over and over yapping....cute though - just a little noisey.                    

Offline Luvlylady

• Site Member
She's Home
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2003, 09:29:49 PM »

Offline Snoop Doggie

• Site Member
She's Home
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2003, 01:27:43 PM »
at the moment Orange Roans are like Gold-dust. We had a nightmare to find one. Theere are breeders out there though you just have to be prepared to travel a distance and wait until one is born.

You find you pretty much have to get on a list before they are even born just to reserve one.

When we were looking we did find various breeders but all had slight thi8ngs that stood in our way eg the pups had a tail or they came microchipped and the breeder chose to do it - it wasn't a personal choice and you had to pay their price.

In the end we found one though  ;D                    

Offline Jenny_930

• Site Member
She's Home
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2003, 01:34:07 PM »
My Paddy has a tail and I think it looks great, especially as it's starting to feather and when he's excited (which is most of the time) it looks fab, even when he's wagging it soaking wet and splashing the kids  ;D                    

Offline Snoop Doggie

• Site Member
She's Home
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2003, 01:36:36 PM »
Theres nothing wrong with a tail its just a personal pref thing.....ive only ever had cockers without tails and Jessie is our 3rd cocker .....they are all lovely and have happy waggy tails / stubbs. :D                    

Offline GarryJ

• Site Member
She's Home
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2003, 06:04:22 PM »
I love cockers with tails, nothing better than seeing that little babys tail wagging, although I had a hard time finding one that was not docked.                    

Offline Ally

• Site Member
She's Home
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2003, 06:46:48 PM »
Louis has a tail and I thought it was unusual, but now that im looking I notice that most cockers in this area have tails. A big happy wagger ;D                    

Anonymous

She's Home
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2003, 09:54:17 PM »
;DYes Indie has a tail too!!  I was so pleased about that, I don't agree with docking in pet dogs only working dogs, where the tail may be damaged.  Nothing nicer then a dog with a waggie tail ;D  And boy does Indies tail wag, especially when she gets a whiff of her fave treat "puffed pigs snout" ;)  

Emma and Indie                    

Anonymous

She's Home
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2003, 10:02:26 PM »
yes I have to say I have two breeds that both 'could' have been docked an glad to say neither are...they so love their tails... jessie cant half whack ya with hers..  ;D                    

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
She's Home
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2003, 10:35:25 PM »
Come on guys - let's not turn this into an anti-docking debate ;) We all love our Cockers whether they have long or short tails :) Snoop has every right to say he prefers a docked Cocker just as you have every right to prefer a long tailed Cocker but as the whole subject has been covered more than a few times before, let's leave it there please :)                    
Jane

Anonymous

She's Home
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2003, 10:30:34 PM »
:-X :)