Author Topic: help on puppys please  (Read 2953 times)

Offline theresa

• Site Member
help on puppys please
« on: October 06, 2003, 06:16:54 PM »
our  cocker pups are just over  6 weeks old  they are eating  dampend food  but the all have developed the runs today  can anyone offer us any advice please                    

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
help on puppys please
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2003, 10:39:53 PM »
Have you wormed the pups at all recently? Pups should be wormed every 2 weeks from 2-3 weeks old but some wormers can cause the runs temporarily. Another possibility is that the pups are over-feeding (eating too much can cause the runs) or the food they are being given doesn't suit them. Or they could have picked up an infection. So many possibilities but as young pups can go downhill quickly, if there is no improvement tomorrow, then consult your vet.                    
Jane

Offline LindaW

• Site Member
    • http://www.shandardel-cockers.co.uk
help on puppys please
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2003, 09:17:32 AM »
Jane has said it all really except I wonder whether you might have changed their food at all.  Presumably you have been feeding the litter on the same dried complete since weaning.  
If the problem persists, do seek the vets advice.  Good luck                    
Linda
xx
Jodie, Pippa, Daisy, Lolly, Gem, Tigger, Butty, Fanny and Coco!

Offline Snoop Doggie

• Site Member
help on puppys please
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2003, 05:06:57 PM »
one of our pups recently got  a trot of the runs and we took her to the vets and he thought it was through her getting too much grub on 1 day. He perscribed a tablet that had to be broken up into her meal. So best advice is to see the vet. They know best  ;D                    

Offline shaz

• Site Member
help on puppys please
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2003, 04:40:08 PM »
hi,
i agree with jane , it is best to get them to the vet tomorrow, pups can pick up infections very easily and from places you may of thought to be very clean, even from someone touching the pups, i made everyone who needed to touch my litter wash there hands before, i was very stricked but it is worth sticking to your guns ,  
hope everything goes ok at the vet,
shaz.                    
sharon  mellow,  harley , shayla and havana.
please visit my new web site
www.evanavacockerspaniels.moonfruit.com