Author Topic: positive thoughts for my barnaby-who is weeing blood  (Read 15376 times)

jarbaha

positive thoughts for my barnaby-who is weeing blood
« on: June 19, 2008, 12:22:58 PM »
hi everyone  :D
just want to share last night and this morning with you, and tell you how alone i feel at present , please can you all spare a few mins of healing thoughts/prayers for my blue roan boy barnaby who is nearly 7 years old.bless him, he is such a gentle loving boy, and i have a very strong bond with him( as we all do with our beautiful cockers).but barnaby has a special connection with me, as when i got him at 8 weeks, i lost my beloved jarvis to fn( at a year and 2 months old), when barnaby was 13 weeks old)so i have a special connection with barnaby, not that he replaced jarvis in anyway, but i'm sure you know were i'm coming from.
i'm feeling sad  :'(, but trying to keep happy and positive for my wonderful boy barnaby  :luv:.
last night he kept sitting by my door, squeaking, ( door was fully opened), so he could go out, but he is a real baby, and such a mum's boy, so i went down with him, could'nt see anything as it was too dark, well after coming in, he has come on my lap wanting cuddles.and he laid on my lap on his back, omg i was shocked as i saw blood on his boy bit, wiped with a tissue and was blood, so phoned the vets and explained to them, asked me to get a urine sample,( which is hard, but managed), and i just cried as its pure blood ( well looked like it), phoned the vet who told me to bring him in straight away( alarm bells were ringing), anyway, got him there and they tested his urine, ect, and told me to wait in the waiting room, while they took him through to take a fresh mid stream urine sample, with a cathater, he was an angel and was good as gold, bless him, vet said take a seat as we may be there for some time, so one of the vet nurses brought me a coffee as i was shaking, and waited for the vet to look at it on a slide there and then, evenutually he called me back in, and was alarmed as his urine was all blood, he could see no crystals, no infection, so i'm really worried now  :'(.they have also sent his urine for culture, and also have taken a full blood sample, and keep asking me if he is ok in himself, which he is, eating fine, but drinking loads more, but not peeing enough out, but when he does he has lots of blood in it.( very scary to see a dog weeing pure bright blood.)
vet is also sending the slides for a specilaist too look at, and i have him home again, but my vet will phone me asap as soon as they know anything.
as a precaution they have given him painkillers, and antibiotics until they know what they are dealing with.
they vet has also said he may need an ultasound scan of his bladder and kidneys.but wants to wait until all the other tests come back.
my vet is alarmed at how much red cells are in his urine, and can see no cyrstals or any sign of an infection.

so guys i'm turning to you, and hope you will pray and send my handsome boy barnaby lots of healing/ postive thoughts, as i'm typing this i'm crying,as i know whats its like too loose a young dog, but nearly 7 is'nt old , so please spare a healing thought for barnaby.
and i will keep you updated as soon as i know anything, i'm keeping fingers and paws crossed this end, its nothing horrible.

love terri
x

Offline Sheryl

• Donator
Re: positive thoughts for my barnaby-who is weeing blood
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2008, 12:27:51 PM »
I am so so sorry to hear about Barnaby.  You must be beside yourself with worry :'(  Sending healing prayers for your boy.  I hope they sort whatever it is out really quickly.  Please let us know what they say and try to keep strong :-*

ETA  It is just a thought but could it possibly be an auto immune issue?
Sheryl, Holly, Kali, Baby Lyla and Angel Chloe

Offline Brimbeck(Dyllan)

• Donator
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2008, 12:28:58 PM »
Everthing crossed for Barnaby here Terri
Hope you get good news soon.
Sarah & the boys
Sarah Dyllan Tyke and Lance

www.brimbeck.co.uk

jarbaha

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2008, 12:33:53 PM »
I am so so sorry to hear about Barnaby.  You must be beside yourself with worry :'(  Sending healing prayers for your boy.  I hope they sort whatever it is out really quickly.  Please let us know what they say and try to keep strong :-*

ETA  It is just a thought but could it possibly be an auto immune issue?
thank you sheryl
yes i'm trying to stay strong, but its hard , when it involves you own dog.

i have no idea if its an auto immune issue, i have to wait for all the slides, blood tests and cutures they have done on him.
nice to know i can share this with you guys, and i'm sure good or bad news you will help me get throught this.
love terri
x

jarbaha

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2008, 12:36:05 PM »
Everthing crossed for Barnaby here Terri
Hope you get good news soon.
Sarah & the boys
thanks sarah and dyllan and tyke.
will keep you updated, i'm going to go and have a cuddle with barnaby, as i can't see to type at present  :'(.
love terri
x

Offline Jeanette

• Site Member
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2008, 12:36:21 PM »
I am really sorry to hear this Terri, sending positive thoughts your way for Barnaby

Offline laurenollie

• Site Member
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2008, 12:43:13 PM »
Lots of posiitve thoughts coming from me  :-*

L&O x

Offline mharriss

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2008, 12:51:23 PM »
Terri - you must be out of your mind with worry.  Fingers crossed here and Charlie has paws and ears crossed and sending cocker hugs to Barnaby.  :luv:

Offline Boof

• Site Member
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2008, 12:54:18 PM »
Thoughts of healing thoughts for Barnaby.  :luv: :luv: Take care x

Offline amanda9586

• Donator
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2008, 12:58:56 PM »
I know how I would feel if this was Poppy so thinking of you both and hoping for some positive news soon..... 

Amanda & Poppy x

Offline louis mum

• Donator
  • Little Lenny
    • Darvieux Cocker Spaniels
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2008, 01:02:22 PM »
Oh Terri poor Barnaby.  :'( :'(

Hugs to you and lots of healing thoughts from me and Alfie.  :-*

Keep us posted how he is poor mite.  :luv: You just feel totally helpless dont you.  :'( Stay strong for you boy, he will be needing lots of cuddles from his mum when he gets home.  :luv:

Offline Sarah.H

• Site Member
  • charlie
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2008, 01:07:08 PM »
You must be so worried, positive thoughts from us for poor Barnaby  :-* :-*

Millie

Offline CarolineL

• Site Member
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2008, 01:07:47 PM »
we are thinking of you too. Barnaby sounds like such a special boy  :luv:  :luv:
Caroline, Hurley the cocker, Jasper Cat and Little Mo xxxxx

"My name's not Hurley, it's Hugo Reyes. Hurley's just a nickname I have. Why?.... I'm not telling..."

Offline waggytails

• Millie and Hattie
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2008, 01:19:54 PM »
So sorry to here Barnaby is poorly, positive thoughts being sent to you
Mum to Hattie and Darcy

(Millie now forever playing on the beach,  RIP 06/03/2010)

Offline cupcakebarb

• Site Member
  • Oscar my baby boy n Bramble my baby girl
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2008, 01:20:42 PM »
Hoping everything turns out ok, positive thoughts and wishes to you both.