Author Topic: COL Donations  (Read 61782 times)

Offline Colin

• Administrator
  • Stevie
    • Jimmy Misty & Stevie Videos
COL Donations
« on: December 02, 2009, 12:38:14 AM »
Although COL is free for everyone to post it's not free to run - there are monthly bandwidth and server costs involved, which for a long time site owner Stueymac has generously picked up himself. The site exists as a free resource for all Cocker owners and there's no obligation for anyone to contribute towards our running costs; our primary objective is to provide a platform for all Cocker owners to use and hopefully benefit from - however all donations towards keeping the site going are very much appreciated. Anyone that feels able to donate please go to:   http://www.cockersonline.co.uk/donate.html and click on the "Donate" button at the bottom left of the page to make a contribution. Please add your COL username to the Subject or Message box when making payments from your Paypal account (so we can match donations up afterwards).

Any forum member who makes a donation of £5 or more will be given a 'donator' tag under their name as a mark of thanks. I'd like to stress that any donations are entirely optional and there's really no pressure involved - we want the benefits of the site to be available to everyone, not just those who donate money. However, anyone that is kind enough to make a donation should be assured that their generosity will be put towards the running costs and enhancement of the site - we are strictly non-profit making so any money received will be put back into COL. If you make a donation and don't see your donator tag within the next few days, PM stueymac and he will sort it out for you.

Thank you.  :D   

Offline Brimbeck(Dyllan)

• Donator
Re: COL Donations
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2009, 07:42:24 AM »
It's probably me but I couldn't see a donate box i.e.
The donate box above will take you to the PayPal site  :embarassed: help me out Colin :-*
Sarah Dyllan Tyke and Lance

www.brimbeck.co.uk

Offline superscot

• Donator
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2009, 08:47:30 AM »
It's probably me but I couldn't see a donate box i.e.
The donate box above will take you to the PayPal site   help me out Colin

Have the same problem !

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2009, 09:05:45 AM »
I've just clicked the link Colin posted & it goes to the main COL site with details of the email address you need to make manual Paypal donations. The "Donate Now" button is in the bottom left corner of the page and seems to be working ok - will amend the text so the button is easier to find ;)
Jane

Offline Brimbeck(Dyllan)

• Donator
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2009, 09:13:04 AM »
Thank you Jane  :D I was looking up not down ph34r

www.brimbeck.co.uk

Offline superscot

• Donator
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2009, 09:16:30 AM »
Now sorted

cheers

Offline silly milly

• Donator
  • silly milly
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2009, 10:05:07 AM »
worth every penny!   thanks guys - good idea!
with lots of love from silly milly and her mum!!!!

Offline goldblend90

• Donator
  • Harley Boy looking good !!
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2009, 10:14:47 AM »
Hi there

Have made my donation, but didnt have a box to enter my user name, as paid through the card option and not paypal.

Offline stueymac

• Tech Support
  • Administrator
    • CockersOnline
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2009, 10:18:05 AM »
Hi there

Have made my donation, but didnt have a box to enter my user name, as paid through the card option and not paypal.

Its ok I can also tie up your email address with your username and find you that way. All done, 'badge' added

Offline Hurtwood Dogs

• Donator
  • Little Lionheart
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2009, 10:22:44 AM »
I've been meaning to ask about this, I pay an annual subscription for another forum site that I use and was wondering how on earth COL was funded. The time and costs involved must be huge, off to donate now!

Is it worth having the donations as 'annual' so that people can be reminded if they want to donate again - as it's very easy to forget!

Thanks again :D

Hannah, Dave & Normy xx

Trev 2001-07 soul dog, always in my heart and dreams x

Offline sophiew

• Donator
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2009, 10:27:11 AM »
I did it but I didn't get to put my username with it... and I'm not sure the email address for paypal is the same as on here... um, sorry! Will pm you

Offline louis mum

• Donator
  • Little Lenny
    • Darvieux Cocker Spaniels
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2009, 10:47:44 AM »
Blimey, another numpty here  ph34r  :005: I have donated but couldnt see anywhere to put my user name  :embarassed: Off to find the d hat and corner of room  :005: Just wanted to say thanks to all the mods and admin team for making COL what it is, informative, supportive and most of all great fun.  :shades:

Offline Brimbeck(Dyllan)

• Donator
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2009, 11:20:39 AM »
Someone very clever spotted mine :lol2:

Se you in the corner Patsy :005:

www.brimbeck.co.uk

Offline mezzaj

• Donator
  • Lucy and Baby Bailey
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2009, 01:31:02 PM »
Blimey, another numpty here  ph34r  :005: I have donated but couldnt see anywhere to put my user name  :embarassed: Off to find the d hat and corner of room  :005:

Same here... and thanks for all your good work :blink:

Offline Joules

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2009, 01:57:53 PM »
Is it worth having the donations as 'annual' so that people can be reminded if they want to donate again - as it's very easy to forget!

That's a good idea - especially for those of us whose memory is going  ph34r :005:

I couldn't see the message box so haven't added my COL name - hope you can match it up!  ;)

I am more than happy to contribute to the running costs of COL - money well spent imo  :D
Julie and Watson