Author Topic: Does Duggie need a tidy up?! Updated - The fringe is no more!  (Read 5657 times)

Offline vikki.k

• My gorgeous boys
Re: Does Duggie need a tidy up?! Updated - The fringe is no more!
« Reply #45 on: January 23, 2010, 09:14:49 PM »
Well done Fiona, it took Mole a while to settle so that I could groom him. Baja is brilliant and just does exactly what you want him to do, yet Mole would do anything not to have those thinning scissors near him  ph34r

I spent the afternoon tidying them both up and bathing them, Mole now buries his head and just lets you get on with it. It's only taken about 6 months for him to get the hang of it, so hopefully Duggie will improve as time goes on  :blink:

Offline luckypenny

« Reply #46 on: January 23, 2010, 10:26:43 PM »
He's got such a lovely face now that we can see it...although I did like his fringe too :blink:

Offline JaspersMum

• Donator
« Reply #47 on: January 23, 2010, 10:30:49 PM »
Charlie's had a major trim today but I think I got a bit carried away - hope the judge doesn't look too close tomorrow - do you know, his skin is almost white under that black coat  ph34r  you can see it where I might of trimmed a bit shorter than I intended when I couldn't see what I was doing  :005:  ph34r

Jenny - owned by Jasper, Ellie, Heidi, Louie & Charlie

Offline Rats and Dogs

• Donator
  • My gorgeous Gari. 25/11/97 - 17/06/09
« Reply #48 on: January 24, 2010, 09:16:25 PM »
Can we see a pic of Charlie with his new haircut? :D
Fiona, Dougie & Tia x
Gari - My Angel at The Bridge

Offline Rats and Dogs

• Donator
Re: Does Duggie need a tidy up?!
« Reply #49 on: January 30, 2010, 04:50:12 PM »
I'm looking for help again - I've tried the trick of standing Duggie on a table so he can't run around, but it doesn't stop him trying to jump off, and gnashing at the Coat King and scissors, he just won't stay still, so he's only about a quarter done. :-\ I don't really want to go to the expense of buying a grooming table just yet! :005:
Just to contradict myself, as usual - I have now ordered a grooming table! ph34r :005:

It was pretty cheap, for some reason I thought they cost hundreds of pounds, but I think I was thinking of massage tables! :lol2:
Fiona, Dougie & Tia x

Offline SkyeSue

• Inactive
Re: Does Duggie need a tidy up?!
« Reply #50 on: January 30, 2010, 04:59:00 PM »
Just to contradict myself, as usual - I have now ordered a grooming table! ph34r :005:

It was pretty cheap, for some reason I thought they cost hundreds of pounds, but I think I was thinking of massage tables! :lol2:

What you like woman  :005: I'm telling you, you're gonna get so addicted to this grooming lark, you will be setting yourself up in business soon  :D

Sue and Chloe, happy girls on the Isle of Skye

Offline Rats and Dogs

• Donator
« Reply #51 on: January 30, 2010, 05:05:06 PM »
I think I'd need to do a grooming course first - unless every customer just wants their dog to have bits randomly snipped off! :005:

Remember I said my finger hurt after last week's session? It's still numb and I can't feel it if I scratch my nail against it, I think I've done permanent damage! ph34r

I don't think any real groomers have to worry about me putting them out of business. ::)
Fiona, Dougie & Tia x

Offline louis mum

• Donator
  • Little Lenny
    • Darvieux Cocker Spaniels
« Reply #52 on: January 30, 2010, 10:18:26 PM »
I think I'd need to do a grooming course first - unless every customer just wants their dog to have bits randomly snipped off! :005:

Remember I said my finger hurt after last week's session? It's still numb and I can't feel it if I scratch my nail against it, I think I've done permanent damage! ph34r

I don't think any real groomers have to worry about me putting them out of business. ::)

:005: Fiona you will surprise yourself how you learn, I cant believe what I can do with these two now. I still make mistakes but its a pleasure when they look lovely down to your hard work. And not such a pleasure when you do their feet like pigs trotters like I did to Alfie once.  :005: