Author Topic: Buffy is poorly  (Read 15209 times)

Offline Penelope

• Site Member
Re: Buffy is poorly
« Reply #30 on: February 07, 2010, 10:36:07 AM »
We were hopeful when we came downstairs as she actually stood up and wagged her tail.  She went into the garden with the others briefly, came back in and had a few sips of water.
Then she was sick 3 times.
She doesn't want any of the live yoghurt and is just lying at the back of her crate looking very sorry for herself.
The rest of the dogs are leaving her alone - which although it is really good, it also scares me cos it makes me think they know something I don't know (not that I am a huge panicker or anything..... I just can't help it) She is so little and vulnerable at the best of times.  She has lost so much weight already. 
I have already phoned my line manager to let them know I will definitely be late into work tomorrow (haven't told them I may not actually go in at all depending on how she is) as I will definitely be taking her back to the vet tomorrow.
Our vet is brilliant - they open at 08.30 and you are supposed to ring then for an appointment.  I will, however, be waiting on their doorstep by 8.15 as they are unlocking and I know they will fit her in........
Will keep you posted and thanks for your cyber  hugs - keep them coming please....
Penny,   Dexter (cavalier x poodle), Alfie (Whippet cross)  and  Maximus the cocker spaniel!!

RIP my 2 most gorgeous cocker girls - Buffy and Harriet - both waiting for me at the bridge. Joined by my beloved Josie taken too soon and Suki aged 13 :(

Offline Helen

• helen noakes jewellery
« Reply #31 on: February 07, 2010, 10:49:51 AM »
poor wee Buffy  :'(  The vet's may keep her in and put her on a drip to stabilize her and rehydrate her. 

It's often the best way for them to recover from gastro upsets.

Hope she's ok and bouncing around soon  :luv: :luv:
helen & jarvis x

Offline Top Barks

• Site Member
    • http://www.topbarks.co.uk
« Reply #32 on: February 07, 2010, 10:51:29 AM »
Get well soon Buffy :luv:

Mark Sanderson BSc Hons (canine behaviour), FdSc CBT, CAP 1, CAP 2
Member of The Association Of Pet Dog Trainers (00977)

Check out my website http://www.topbarks.co.uk/  www.yorkdogtrainer.co.uk

Offline Annette

• Site Member
« Reply #33 on: February 07, 2010, 12:03:03 PM »
Oh poor baby, hope she soon starts feeling a bit better.

Offline Ninasmum

• Limited Member
« Reply #34 on: February 07, 2010, 03:35:39 PM »
I was so hoping Buffy was feeling a little better today.  :'(

Will be hoping & praying she is better very soon.  :-* :bigarmhug:  and hope the vet can help her in the morning.  :luv:

Nina, Jo Jo, Georgia & Alfie

Offline maggieann

« Reply #35 on: February 07, 2010, 03:38:07 PM »
Get well soon Buffy. :-*
Torin & Me

We give dogs time we can spare, space we can spare and love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made.

Offline vixen

• Stevie and Marley
« Reply #36 on: February 07, 2010, 03:41:37 PM »
 :luv: Hope Buffy gets better soon  :luv:
Will be checking the site tomorrow to see how she is  :luv:
Big hugs to you both :bigarmhug: for Buffy and :bigarmhug: for Penelope
Max (GSP)  always in my heart

Offline sazzysue

• Donator
« Reply #37 on: February 07, 2010, 03:49:29 PM »
I'm so sorry to hear that she is still poorly  :'(  I hope the vet can settle her soon :bigarmhug: for you both xx

Sue & Marlo

Offline Brimbeck(Dyllan)

• Donator
« Reply #38 on: February 07, 2010, 07:26:12 PM »
Hope she improves soon
Sarah Dyllan Tyke and Lance

www.brimbeck.co.uk

Offline Countrygirl

• Donator
    • Countrygirl
« Reply #39 on: February 07, 2010, 07:32:28 PM »
Oh Buffy sweetheart, you try and get yourself better.

Offline MacTavish Boys

• Site Member
« Reply #40 on: February 08, 2010, 10:59:15 AM »
How is Buffy today, any improvement :luv:

Stephanie, George and Hamish xxx
George'n' Hamish's Mum

Offline Nicola

• FTCh Caoimhe
« Reply #41 on: February 08, 2010, 01:55:22 PM »
Just wondering how Buffy is doing today too, I hope she's feeling better  :luv:
Nicola, Tilly, Rodaidh and Caoimhe x

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30049807@N08/

Offline SandraD

« Reply #42 on: February 08, 2010, 02:27:25 PM »
Hope Buffy is feeling a little better today Penny.  Sending love and healing vibes.  :luv:

Offline Penelope

• Site Member
« Reply #43 on: February 08, 2010, 08:46:13 PM »
Had one of the worst night's sleep I have had in ages and when I finally came downstairs, Buffy was clearly no better at all.
I was at the vet when they opened this morning, and they took her straight in to put her on a drip as she is extremely dehydrated.  They agreed to run some tests to see what was going on.  I got a call at 11.30 to tell me the news - it could be pyometra, or a blockage.  They are not sure which.
She is too poorly to operate on today as she is now very dehydrated (as she couldn't even keep water down)
Trev and I have been to visit her tonight and she just looks so incredibly sad.  Her nose is warm - her whole muzzle, not just the dark bit, and she didn't even get up or wag her tail when we went in to see her.  She just gazed at me and I am scared of what she was saying with those eyes of hers.....
We had a chat with the vet.  He said in an ideal world, she should be on a drip for a couple of days before they operate to give her the best chance - but time is running out.  So they will open her up tomorrow and see what is going on.
We have had the chat no  one wants to have with their vet and told him that if there is anything horrendous going on that cannot be fixed, he is to let her go on the table - not bring her round just for our selfish wanting to see her one last time.
I am crying as I type this because I cannot bear to think of the possiblity that she may never come home.  At the same time, I know she is in the best of hands and the vet will do the best he can for her - but until he opens her up, he just doesn't know.......
Today is her 3rd  birthday and the 3rd anniversary of my mum's funeral - Buffy has always been extra special because I am sure my mum sent us to her (or her to us) so that it gave me something special to focus on after mum died.
The nurse who has known Buffy all her life (and in fact known all my dogs their whole lives) has changed her shifts so that she can be with Buffy tomorrow.  She has told me I can ring as often as I want to and promised the vet will call me as soon as he has any news.  Tomorrow between 11.00 and 1.00 is going to be the longest 2 hours of my life, and I certainly hope they don't expect miracles at work as I certainly won't be doing anything clever.
Please keep your positive vibes coming for my lovely, precious little Buffy.   :'( :'(
Penny,   Dexter (cavalier x poodle), Alfie (Whippet cross)  and  Maximus the cocker spaniel!!

RIP my 2 most gorgeous cocker girls - Buffy and Harriet - both waiting for me at the bridge. Joined by my beloved Josie taken too soon and Suki aged 13 :(

Offline Lily Freya

• Owned by Luis, Ollie and Gracie.
« Reply #44 on: February 08, 2010, 08:52:18 PM »
I am in tears myself reading about Buffy.

I hope and pray that all will go well for her with the surgery, and that it is something she can recover from.  Sending hugs and positive thoughts along the airwaves to both of you. xx

No longer in my arms, but forever in my heart, my girls at the Bridge, Lily and Freya. Xx