Author Topic: Vanguard 7 Vaccine  (Read 18173 times)

Offline Brodiesmum

Re: Vanguard 7 Vaccine
« Reply #30 on: February 08, 2011, 08:50:54 AM »
I  have lost a dog to auto-immune disease that came on a few weeks after his first booster.  My other dog vaccinated at the same time had no side effects whatsover.

There are arguments for and against.  Many say you cannot make an immune dog more immune by boostering.  I read any new vaccine has to kill the old immunity in order to take over.   Having nursed an auto immune dog for 7 years, I never vaccinate now.  I made my informed choice after reading up extensively on Canine Health Concern, Shirleys Wellness Cafe, and through a UK auto immune support forum.

As far as insurance went, I told the companies my dogs were not boostered, and they still insured them but added the clause they would not pay out for any illness such as lepto, parvo, distemper etc. 

And I got a private holiday home to avoid the kennel situation.

Offline Brodiesmum

« Reply #31 on: February 08, 2011, 08:59:57 AM »

In America, research has shown puppy vacs can last for up to 7 years.

Offline Jo-and-Alfie

« Reply #32 on: February 10, 2011, 04:20:37 PM »
This is the vaccs Alfie had 2 vials mixed together, which I didn't notice her doing.  There's only 5 ticks on the sheet next to the stickers though and the other box isn't ticked either. I'm worried now, I'm going to ring and ask what he gets next time, should it only be 1? I know they do nobivac too as I took a springer 2 weeks ago to restart his vaccs (long story!)

Offline spanielcrazy

• Site Member
« Reply #33 on: February 10, 2011, 10:23:17 PM »
This is the vaccs Alfie had 2 vials mixed together, which I didn't notice her doing.  There's only 5 ticks on the sheet next to the stickers though and the other box isn't ticked either. I'm worried now, I'm going to ring and ask what he gets next time, should it only be 1? I know they do nobivac too as I took a springer 2 weeks ago to restart his vaccs (long story!)

Not to worry  :blink: Most vaccines come in 2 vials, one is powdered (the actual vaccine material) and the other is liquid (the "adjuvant", or liquid for syringe dosing). Once they are mixed they have to be used quickly or they lose effectiveness. Since they are shipped and stored for a while, they are not reconstituted, or mixed, until it is time for them to be used.
The madhouse: Michelle, Joy, Jordie, Gizmo, Bracken, Jewel

"My darlings,I love you more than life itself, but you're all ****ing mad!"  Ozzy Osbourne