Author Topic: Insurance with Lloyds or Halifax  (Read 4717 times)

Offline cazza

• Site Member
Re: Insurance - Halifax stopping cover
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2012, 10:26:01 AM »
Hi

I never got a letter off them they just transfered us to someone else and the monthly payments are ridiculous

I am also looking at seeing where to go - but all the small print is a right pain in the rear and I am getting confuddled (mind you I am easy to confuddle LOL)

So will be watching replies for this like a hawk

Good luck with your search

Offline SarahS

• Site Member
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2012, 10:32:15 AM »

I know, it's a minefield.  So flippant in the letter too.  It is a major pain.  Reg had a reaction to some food last year, cleared up but I bet a new company will now omit any skin conditions from new cover.  PAIN!!   Help us people:-)

Hi

I never got a letter off them they just transfered us to someone else and the monthly payments are ridiculous

I am also looking at seeing where to go - but all the small print is a right pain in the rear and I am getting confuddled (mind you I am easy to confuddle LOL)

So will be watching replies for this like a hawk

Good luck with your search

Offline *Jay*

• Donator
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2012, 11:10:04 AM »
There is a thread about this on the insurance board:

http://www.cockersonline.co.uk/discuss/index.php?topic=87339.0

I still think it's dreadful that they aren't honouring the policies of anyone whose pets have ongoing conditions  >:D

I have a lifelong policy with Axa - £7000 a year for about £15 a month (7 year old dog)
Dallas ( 10) & Disney ( 9 )

Playing at the Bridge: Brook (13/06/04), Jackson (23/12/05) & Vegas (14/07/10)

Offline SarahS

• Site Member
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2012, 11:36:25 AM »
There is a thread about this on the insurance board:

http://www.cockersonline.co.uk/discuss/index.php?topic=87339.0

I still think it's dreadful that they aren't honouring the policies of anyone whose pets have ongoing conditions  >:D

I have a lifelong policy with Axa - £7000 a year for about £15 a month (7 year old dog)

Thanks for the advice.  I've been looking at Quotes all morning. Axa has been the most competative so far ;)  Read the thread you posted too, thanks:-)

Offline Carol09

« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2012, 07:13:49 PM »
Must be a bank thing. We were with HSBC a couple of years ago and they stopped but transferred it to someone else.

Offline Maria n Dennis

• Donator
« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2012, 07:18:43 PM »
We are with greenbee think it's now John Lewis. We claimed 6.5 thousand last year for Dennis , they paid out no problem. Just put a claim in for 5 thousand ish hope that everything will go ok. It only went up a £1 this year even after a large cliaim. It's now £16 per month.

Offline LinziS

• Erin
« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2012, 08:35:59 PM »
Lifetime cover for both my dogs..6yr old and 11 week old is only 37 pounds per month for £7000 per year vet fees..lifetime cover

My dogs are heartbeats at my feet

Offline sands

• My pretty girls!
« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2012, 11:18:52 AM »
Lifetime cover for both my dogs..6yr old and 11 week old is only 37 pounds per month for £7000 per year vet fees..lifetime cover

£37 a month for 2 pupsters!!!!!!  :o :o :o

I'm being robbed  :doh:  I'm paying £32 a month just for Coda  ph34r

New priority job for the day - look into different insurance  ;)

Wee Benji boy 10/2/1994 - 8/10/2009
Sweet dreams my wee man

Life's too short to worry about muddy paws!

Offline dipsydoodlenoodle

• Donator
« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2012, 12:30:14 PM »
All of your insurance quotes seem nice and reasonable. When I looked into it, it was about £40 a month. So what I did was opened a separate bank account and have started putting him money away so that IF anything were to happen, its my cushion.
My beautiful little boy Charlie :)

Offline LinziS

• Erin
« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2012, 04:57:35 PM »

£37 a month for 2 pupsters!!!!!!  :o :o :o

I'm being robbed  :doh:  I'm paying £32 a month just for Coda  ph34r

New priority job for the day - look into different insurance  ;)

Should have said that was with argos

My dogs are heartbeats at my feet

Offline pam1

• Donator
« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2012, 05:02:05 PM »
I pay £30 a month for my two together with PDSA with £7000 per year each, lifetime cover. Haven't had to claim yet (fingers crossed, touch wood) so don't know how well they pay, but they also pay direct to the vet which not all insurers do. :blink:
Pam, Oliver and Bertie

Offline liamsmum

« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2012, 07:34:15 AM »
Ive gone with Argos as my sister uses them and has claimed no problem several of my friends are with tesco and have had to claim a few times again no problems. The cover I have 'Gold' is £11 per month but isnt life time cover it only covers each incident for 12 months its not ongoing and the excess is £65.
Its a job to wiegh up wether to take out unlimited lifetime cover or just the basic because vets charge rediculous amounts for medication if you end needing ongoing meds you can normally buy them so much cheaper online. I.e my Red setter developed cushings in 2005 and had to be on Vetoryl for the last 6 yrs the vets wanted £60.00 a month but I got it online for 35.00 I just got the script and faxed it your vet legally has to give you a script if you ask for it then you can shop around. So had i had life time cover (I didnt have any cover!!) it would have been covered BUT I would have been paying about 24.00 a month from day one...so my conclusion is....basic cover and put a bit away each month to cover the extra and hope and pray Liam doesnt get in to too many scrapes! One more thing if you do get a script for anything sometimes LLoyds or Boots can order it in really cheaply its worth shopping around!

Offline stuffster

• Luna
« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2012, 09:05:23 AM »
Definitely try John Lewis insurance - they are by far the cheapest Ive found, after lots of ringing around.

PURDEY AND LUNA <3

Offline cazza

• Site Member
« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2012, 09:45:14 AM »
I'm paying £24 a month for Rhum lab - but just don't an online quote and for life time cover I can get it for £13.46 per month life time cover  :o  This was with 'helpucover.co.uk'    With Argos for Lifetime cover £19.17 per month

or i can get one as cheap as chips - BUT...........

......   Each new condition is covered up to the financial limit for 12 months. If the limit is reached within the 12 month period the insurance will stop paying for that condition, it becomes pre-existing and is excluded from future claims.

Now as I have never claimed and always paid the vets with the exception of Fern breaking her jaw I am considering going for the Accident only one   Cover for vet fees, only as a result of a sudden and unexpected injury and within the 12 month policy period- still get £1000000  Third party liability which is my main worry - and this policy I can get for £6.55

Offline cazza

• Site Member
« Reply #29 on: January 07, 2012, 12:35:01 PM »
After reading through all the small print and looking on here I have gone and changed insurance for my two

I was paying £27.57 for Rhum (I thought it was £24 but it has gone up yet again!!!) Nearly 3 yrs old
I was paying £13.50 for Fern nearly 6 yrs old

So that was a total of £41.07  :o

I have just got the two of them for £20.29 a month  :o  What a difference  I haven't gone for the cheapest or accident only as OH decided we weren't going for anything like that and wanted some company he had heard of - So we have gone with Direct line

Anyone any experience of Direct line??? Before I committ myself, as I have the quote on hold