Author Topic: Agility with a tripawd.  (Read 950 times)

Offline DinkyDewi

Agility with a tripawd.
« on: March 01, 2012, 09:49:30 AM »
Hey guys.

Just a quick query.

In september I rescued Dewi, a three legged sprocker who is now 18 months old.

He's great, full of beans and a very happy boy. I started agility classes with him and he's amazing, the missing leg appears to cause no problems at all. We keep him steady, when we can ;) so not to put too much pressure on his joints.

The big question is....

After reading the rules and regs i'm still in doubt as to whether Dewi would be allowed to compete due to his disability. If he cannot it's not the end of the world and i'm happy to just have fun.

I'm sure someone on here will be able to give me the heads up :D

Thanks!

Offline elaine.e

• Sweet William
Re: Agility with a tripawd.
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2012, 10:02:28 AM »
I googled and found this http://www.agilityaddicts.net/agilityforum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=808&start=0&st=0&sk=t&sd=a which is from a forum and indicates clearly that tripod dogs can and do compete. You could also try looking on the website Agilitynet and see if there's anything on there.

Good luck with Dewi :D

Offline DinkyDewi

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2012, 04:08:53 PM »
Excellant! Thank you!

He had a great lesson last night and is really getting confident, working ahead and you should see him on the seesaw. Couldn't ask for more :D

Offline jla

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2012, 04:12:55 PM »
This is (last year) a 3 legged lurcher type who I regularly see competing at KC comps so I assume there is no issue at all with it.  Good luck!  :D