Author Topic: Greetings From Devon  (Read 3100 times)

Offline mg500

Greetings From Devon
« on: March 24, 2019, 10:49:25 AM »
Hello to you all on COL.

I have been lurking on the forum since the arrival of our beautiful but mad little boy Alfie last July.  Alfie is a black and tan working cocker and is nearing 12 months old.  He has brought so much joy to my partner who is currently undergoing chemotherapy after 3 major operations and myself.  Times have been very difficult of late but this little rascal always makes us laugh..... and cry!  :D

We are lucky as we live on the edge of Dartmoor and also near to some lovely beaches which generally means Alfie gets to walk (run) on every day......in all weathers!  He is spoilt rotten but we just can't help ourselves.

No doubt there will be lots of questions if I cant find the answers on this great forum and I will try to put a picture up of the boy.

Take care and enjoy your bundles of fun.  :D

https://ibb.co/pL8Xg8D

Offline Jaysmumagain

• Donator
Re: Greetings From Devon
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2019, 11:14:18 AM »
A big welcome to you and Alfie....I love his top knot :luv:

What a lovely part of the world you live in, while I don't know it - my other half travels down that way with worth and is always glowing about the area.

So glad you found us
Cocker kisses and cuddles just make my day!

You are always with me darlings Jaypup and my precious Oliver you are so missed

Offline mg500

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2019, 11:37:33 AM »
Thank you Jaysmumagain,

Mark

Offline Pearly

• Donator
  • Pearl, Coral, Sally, Purdey and Kukri
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2019, 12:29:40 PM »
Hi and welcome - these Cockers certainly know how to make us smile and can be quite the comedian.  Sorry to read about your partner and hope the remainder of 2019 brings better health and gets you both out with your Black and Tan boy  :luv:

Offline fionad

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2019, 01:37:05 PM »
What a handsome boy he is!

Offline bizzylizzy

• Donator
  • 🙂 Jayne
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2019, 01:45:33 PM »
Hi and welcome! Certainly a great part of the world to grow up as a cocker! Glad to hear Alfie‘s doing his bit and keeping spirits up during what is obviously a difficult time for you. Someone suggested on here recently that cockers should be on prescription,  :lol2: they’re certainly experts at making you laugh!! Wishing you and your partner all the best and looking forward to hearing all about Alfie‘s antics adventures!  :luv:

Offline mg500

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2019, 05:55:50 PM »
Pearly, bizzylizzy

Thank you for the kind words.  After 4 years of treatment we are hoping this will be last (fingers crossed) so we can all get out together a lot more.  Alfie has been such a tonic and certainly lifted our spirits especially when there didn't seem much to be happy about......!

fionad

He certainly is..... :lol2:

Offline ejp

• Donator
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2019, 06:41:23 PM »
Welcome to the forum. Sorry to hear you and your partner are having such a difficult time. Glad you have Alfie to brighten your day, he is a beauty.  :luv:

Offline mg500

« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2019, 06:44:36 AM »
ejp

Thank you