Author Topic: No toileting outside - UPDATE - little bit of success had!!  (Read 2464 times)

Offline QuaCKeReD

• Pebbles Puddleduck
Re: 1st walkies but no toileting outside - suggestions please!
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2013, 09:42:50 PM »
Have found with Pebbles, that she won't do either along paths (assuming where she can smell other dogs).

Yet walk across field, she crouches almost each time for #1, and occasionally #2  :shades:

May try a walk somewhere where other dogs don't do their business?

Offline Geordietyke

• Donator
Re: No toileting outside - UPDATE - little bit of success had!!
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2013, 09:23:56 AM »
Well, really been strict with taking him out every hour and for last 2 days, he's managed to do most of his wees outside and 1st poo this morning!  Still having the odd accident inside and he still does "protest" wees/poos if I leave the room but I'm hoping that will eventually lessen as he matures. 

So, a little success at last and he's doing fab on his lead (he's the darling of the playground too  :021:)
Both taken away from us far too soon. x  RIP Angels Odie & Archie, causing mayhem at the Rainbow, no doubt!

Offline 8 Hairy Feet

• Donator
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2013, 10:03:25 AM »
Hee hee success!
Well done Archie :luv:
you keep up the good work!

Offline Jane57

• Donator
  • Riley
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2013, 10:14:35 AM »
Great news, he will get there soon Im sure.  :005: :luv:

Offline redlottie

« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2013, 11:42:10 AM »
Great news, and well done for persevering.

It took Otto a while to get it so when we had Albie I literally used to set the clock to take him out every 20 minutes a bit of a nightmare but within about 3 days we didn't have any further instances in the house.

Offline Archie bean

• Donator
  • Archie. RIP bridge babies Sherwood and Dickon.
    • Emma Graham Harpist
« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2013, 11:56:23 AM »
Woo hooooo. That's a really positive update. Well done you and little Master A.  :banana: :banana: :clapping: :clapping:

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2013, 11:58:51 AM »
Great update, will keep fingers andpaws crossed for you  ;)
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.

Offline fenby

• Donator
  • Harvey
« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2013, 12:05:44 PM »
Hurray :banana: :banana: we knew Archie would get there in the end, it did take Harvey 7 months before it completely clicked, so Archie is doing really well.

Offline Geordietyke

• Donator
« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2013, 12:51:27 PM »
Had 2 more accidents in house after posting this  :shades: even though I'd had him in garden minutes before..... Oh well  :lol2:
Both taken away from us far too soon. x  RIP Angels Odie & Archie, causing mayhem at the Rainbow, no doubt!

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
« Reply #24 on: November 08, 2013, 05:46:26 PM »
Had 2 more accidents in house after posting this  :shades: even though I'd had him in garden minutes before..... Oh well  :lol2:

Oh yes I know that one well - I think they get so engrossed in what they are doing, instead of what they should be - then suddenly get indoors &  00ps!! in Minstrel's case mostly wees  ph34r  :lol2: but at least you are on the right road to success now  ;)
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.

Offline Sarah.H

• Site Member
  • charlie
« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2013, 06:30:04 PM »
When he goes inside is it when you are watching him or not?

Millie

Offline Geordietyke

• Donator
« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2013, 06:33:40 PM »
As he follows me everywhere, every time I get up, I'll take him outside and wait (and wait).  I'll then bring him back in and he'll wee within a few seconds.

I had to put him in his puppy pen twice today - both times he done a poo within a few mins of me leaving him, even though I'd again had him outside for ages.  It's just Odie all over again  :-\

Offline Sarah.H

• Site Member
  • charlie
« Reply #27 on: November 08, 2013, 06:39:36 PM »
I just wondered if you were paying him too much attention at the times when you want him to go, so he then goes when you weren't concentrating on him - does that make sense?!

Could you leave him outside on his own? Obviously keep an eye through the window or something. Or what about going in then straight back out again? Or leaving him in the pen outside for a bit (again keeping an eye out the window). Just thinking of ideas to break the cycle.

Millie

Offline Geordietyke

• Donator
« Reply #28 on: November 08, 2013, 06:48:57 PM »
I just don't know, I seem to have pups which relish using their crates and pens as toilets (when the entire world say this doesn't happen!).  I know what I'm supposed to be doing but once again, I'm stuck in a rut with him  :'(

I've left him outside briefly in his pen (before I brought it back in) and all he does is eat the grass and leaves etc, without me being there and saying "toilet", he doesn't do anything ever.  I keep seeing small improvements then he goes back 3 steps. 

It's two fold problem, not consistently toileting outside AND toileting when left alone (whilst screaming the house down  :-\). 

Offline HBP

• Hudson Bramble
Re: 1st walkies but no toileting outside - suggestions please!
« Reply #29 on: November 08, 2013, 07:30:13 PM »
Well, when you think about it, you take them out every hour or so, so 12 wees over the day/night isn't so bad and it's not a huge puddle each time, some are only "token wees"  :lol2:  I will however, keep an eye on them.

I hadn't thought of it like that!  :doh: They soon add up when you think about it don't they?!

The first day we brought Hudson home he wee'd practically every 10 minutes! I was despairing how we'd ever toilet train him!  :005: