Author Topic: LETHARGIC AND CLINGY  (Read 1048 times)

Offline rubyduby

LETHARGIC AND CLINGY
« on: August 18, 2020, 05:55:12 PM »
My Cocker girl Amber (20 mnths old) is usually quite lively and is chaos at time son awalk , she loves running madly, but she calmed down during her season, and since it has ended , she is still a bit fussy with her food(she goes off raw on season) she doesnt run off exploring or bombing about, tends to stop ahead and keep an eye on us, isnt as keen to go for a walk as she was, she is keen be cuddled and held, and sleeps a lot, she is bright eyed and no sign of illness, other than as mentioned. I need to add that it IS warm and she has had a bad spell recently with itching (allergy) thro the night , so that could explain her tiredness, as anyone any suggestions for her 'change' in attitude,or come across this in their own dogs. I have put it down to the heat and ack of sleep which I suppose is possible, but COULD it be anything else, herlegs feet etc are fine..

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
Re: LETHARGIC AND CLINGY
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2020, 07:12:02 PM »
Mine are very lethargic in extremely hot weather, (as am I) and they tend to go outside for the necessaries, but are quite glad to get back in in the shade and coolness. We just lounged about for the most part doing only what was essential - being retired has its advantages  ;)

I found a good way of cooling them down was to put flat bedding under an open window and close the curtains so that any wind moves the curtains to cause a fanning effect.  The wind has been warm but gusty here as we live on the coast. They also liked laying on the cold tiles in the bathroom or hall

If this is her first season she is probably confused as to what is occurring and could have had some pain associated with it, cramps etc. (I guess like human teenage girls) or could it be her hormones behaving strangely maybe?

Hope she is feeling her old self soon :luv:
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.