Author Topic: Vaccinations  (Read 1412 times)

Offline AndyB

• Donator
Vaccinations
« on: August 19, 2020, 03:36:46 AM »
Maisie will need to have her booster vaccinations in the next few months.  Could someone remind me which aspect of the vaccination some of you are reluctant to give to your dogs nowadays.  I have done a search but cannot find the posts. 

Offline Emilyoliver

Re: Vaccinations
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2020, 09:47:40 AM »
The Lepto 4 vaccination has had some bad press (mine have the Lepto 2 annually).  They have their puppy course of vaccinations and the boosters for everything a year later.  Then just Lepto 2 each year and the others every 3 years.  Hope that helps.
Michelle, Emily and Ollie

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2020, 10:00:24 AM »
Lepto 4 annually (so far no adverse reactions since starting from swap whenever that was-crossing fingers) and the other boosters every 3 years (altho the vet charges the same each year)
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.

Offline Jaysmumagain

• Donator
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2020, 02:41:19 PM »
Ollie has the booster annually and other every 3 - my vet and I had the discussion over lepto and as he had this over the years ( he is 12) she felt it made no sense to revert to Lepto 2.

Some folks go with titre test when dogs get older - but while I looked into this was not sure about the pet insurance and there stance.

Cocker kisses and cuddles just make my day!

You are always with me darlings Jaypup and my precious Oliver you are so missed

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2020, 04:25:17 PM »
Ollie has the booster annually and other every 3 - my vet and I had the discussion over lepto and as he had this over the years ( he is 12) she felt it made no sense to revert to Lepto 2.

Some folks go with titre test when dogs get older - but while I looked into this was not sure about the pet insurance and there stance.

With the insurance policy I have, it clearly states that the dogs will not be covered for any condition that can be protected by vaccinations.
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.

Offline Jaysmumagain

• Donator
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2020, 05:33:13 PM »

With the insurance policy I have, it clearly states that the dogs will not be covered for any condition that can be protected by vaccinations.

Yes I was lead to believe this.
Cocker kisses and cuddles just make my day!

You are always with me darlings Jaypup and my precious Oliver you are so missed