Author Topic: Norton Security renewal  (Read 5201 times)

Offline happydog

• Site Member
  • Run free, my Beautiful Bella 2005-2017
Re: Norton Security renewal
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2007, 08:40:48 PM »
I use Norton all the time  :-\
In that case Jan/Billy -Please -can you answer my original question?  :D

No sorry , Oh does all that for me  ph34r

I'll ask him when he comes home
  :D Thank you  :D
happydog

Whatever today brings, ensure that you make some good memories

Offline Jan/Billy

• Site Member
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2007, 06:13:59 PM »
Has anyone renewed their Norton Security package lately?
I have had the whole Norton Internet Security package (2006) for a year now which I bought with my PC. My subscription for virus protection is now up for renewal.
Being pretty dim. Do I go for:

Norton Internet Security 2007 & Norton SystemWorks Basic Edition - Upgrade, Norton Internet Security 2007 Upgrade, or just the Norton Internet Security Subscription.
I want the best but if I buy the whole package again what happens to the old stuff on my PC? Won't I have used a lot of memory for stuff that is obsolete? I have read on COL that some people say it is a   >:D to uninstall and I really don't have time to mess about. I want the quickest and best option.

Also do I buy the download or buy the package? They are the same price. Does buying the package mean they physically send me the disks  :huh:  :-\

I feel really stupid. Doh!

Sorry forgot about this  ph34r

OH said the one we have is the one thats about £30, thinks it's the most expensive one. He said if you look under each type of cover it gives you the description underneath of what each one covers, make sure you select the one that says anti spyware. He thinks this one is the best as it covers everything.

We download the package, if you buy they just send the disks in the post instead. When you buy and download on line you get a code which allows you to download it again as often as you want within the 12mths so your not worse off just because you don't have the disks.

Hope that makes sense

Offline happydog

• Site Member
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2007, 06:21:47 PM »
Thanks for that. I have been on the site again and still cant decide between the renewal (c£34.99 or the upgrade (c£39.99). As I have the 2006 version I am not sure whether it's worth getting an upgrade.
OH said the one we have is the one thats about £30, thinks it's the most expensive one.
  :huh: I wish I could find that one!
When you buy and download on line you get a code which allows you to download it again as often as you want within the 12mths so your not worse off just because you don't have the disks.
That's an extra fiver on top of the prices above and then VAT. The whole lot comes to over £40.00.
happydog

Offline Jan/Billy

• Site Member
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2007, 06:31:05 PM »
What do you get with the upgrade that you don't get with the renewal??

Offline Cob-Web

• Inactive
  • To err is human, to forgive, canine
    • Walking on Wight Blog
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2007, 06:37:58 PM »
If you are going to Buy Norton internet Securities 2007, then you might as well buy it from Amazon or similar for a lot less than £39.99:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Norton-Internet-Security-2007-PC/dp/B000I2JGB4/sr=8-1/qid=1168108483/ref=pd_ka_1/202-2813977-0131060?ie=UTF8&s=software

If it is Norton Antivirus 2007, then the link is here, and it is much cheaper too:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Symantec-Norton-Antivirus-2007-PC/dp/B000I2JGBE/sr=8-3/qid=1168108483/ref=pd_ka_3/202-2813977-0131060?ie=UTF8&s=software

TBH, if the renewal is not that much more expensive than the upgrade, then is it worth getting the most up to date product; as it will be less vulnerable to being bypassed, and will need less space on your memory as it won't have to keep being patched as much as the 2006 version will by the end of the year
Enrich your life with an Oldie!
Oldies Club

Offline Jan/Billy

• Site Member
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2007, 06:46:19 PM »

TBH, if the renewal is not that much more expensive than the upgrade, then is it worth getting the most up to date product; as it will be less vulnerable to being bypassed,

Oh has just said the exact same  ;)

Offline happydog

• Site Member
« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2007, 07:28:14 PM »
If you are going to Buy Norton internet Securities 2007, then you might as well buy it from Amazon or similar for a lot less than £39.99:
The only problem is that I now only have seven days left and you cant buy downloads from Amazon-  :huh: or can you?
If it is Norton Antivirus 2007,
It is the the whole 2006 security package I have at the moment.
TBH, if the renewal is not that much more expensive than the upgrade, then is it worth getting the most up to date product; as it will be less vulnerable to being bypassed, and will need less space on your memory as it won't have to keep being patched as much as the 2006 version will by the end of the year
What happens to the 2006 stuff that I have on my pc. Do I have to delete that, or does it get automatically deleted when I install the upgrade?
happydog

Offline Cob-Web

• Inactive
    • Walking on Wight Blog
« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2007, 07:40:17 PM »
The only problem is that I now only have seven days left and you cant buy downloads from Amazon-  :huh: or can you?

You can pay for next day delivery from Amazon (it would still be cheaper than the price from Norton)...and even normal delivery form Amazon is usually well within a week  ;)

What happens to the 2006 stuff that I have on my pc. Do I have to delete that, or does it get automatically deleted when I install the upgrade?

It should detect an earlier version and de-install it for you first when you run the disks   ;)
Oldies Club

Offline happydog

• Site Member
« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2007, 09:09:40 PM »
Just had a look at the Amazon web page. According to their site I would have to buy both the Internet Security and the virus package, which would come to c£54.00 plus delivery. I have therefore just upgraded direct with Norton and got a complete 2007 download for £45.00.  ;)

Thanks for all your help and advice everyone  :D
happydog

Offline Cob-Web

• Inactive
    • Walking on Wight Blog
« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2007, 10:00:14 PM »
Just had a look at the Amazon web page. According to their site I would have to buy both the Internet Security and the virus package, which would come to c£54.00 plus delivery. I have therefore just upgraded direct with Norton and got a complete 2007 download for £45.00.  ;)

Thanks for all your help and advice everyone  :D

I think Amazon are pulling a fast one - you don't need both products, as the Internet Security 2007 package includes anti-virus software, just like the 2006 version does.... and Amazon do sell the same software that you have just bought on its own for £24.97  :-\
Oldies Club

Offline biggles

• Site Member
« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2007, 11:53:39 PM »
umm if ya wanno go hassle free with top security try, Bit Defender 10. amazing firwal.

Nod 32 is one of the best av among the pros.

Leave Nortong well alone is a nasty resource hogger to say the least.

A reasonable all rounder is zonealarm security suite.

I would still install windows cleaner and a seperate additional anti spyware pro, they dont all pick up all of the bugs.

Best regards from the Geek  :005:

Offline Sheryl

• Donator
« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2007, 09:03:17 AM »
I manage ok with Macafee and Ad Aware SE.  I had Norton for a long time and it does tend to slow things down a lot.  One thing I did notice though, I never thought Norton (renewed online) ever worked as well as a Norton disk bought from a shop :-\
Sheryl, Holly, Kali, Baby Lyla and Angel Chloe

Offline biggles

• Site Member
« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2007, 09:51:54 PM »
Trust me pepes puters are my thing. If ya can get off Norton do so, your machine will run sweeter :P

oo eck I am still a newb :s here  :005:

<<<g3ts p0st1ng lol