Author Topic: see, speak, surf - sky  (Read 2855 times)

Offline suzysu

• Site Member
see, speak, surf - sky
« on: June 04, 2007, 06:21:55 PM »
..anyone got this? 

Is the broadband connection reliable? 

Have never had any problems with my BT broadband, but its quite expensive and my BT calls are too, so wondered about swopping to this, but dont want to do it and find the broadband connection plays up  ;)
Sue, Georgie n Daisy x
   "I luv my girls"

Offline Nicola

• FTCh Caoimhe
Re: see, speak, surf - sky
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2007, 08:09:29 PM »
I have Sky broadband, it costs £5 per month and I pay £18 for Sky digital as well. I think it's fab, I've had no problems whatsoever, it was connected within days of applying and I have never lost the connection at all  :D
Nicola, Tilly, Rodaidh and Caoimhe x

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30049807@N08/

Offline cazza

• Site Member
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2007, 09:32:10 PM »
My friend was looking into this - thanks for your comments Nic I'll pass them on to her  ;)

I have Sky broadband, it costs £5 per month and I pay £18 for Sky digital as well. I think it's fab, I've had no problems whatsoever, it was connected within days of applying and I have never lost the connection at all  :D

Blimey my Sky package (just sky digital cost £53 per month  :o , yeah well I need all the films, which we hardly watch  ::) and all the sports channels of course  ::) , which I never watch but OH does)

Offline Michele

• Site Member
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2007, 09:55:22 PM »
Su, I asked about this package a little while ago..... here

Still haven't done it yet though  ph34r

Offline Nicola

• FTCh Caoimhe
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2007, 10:05:43 PM »

Blimey my Sky package (just sky digital cost £53 per month  :o , yeah well I need all the films, which we hardly watch  ::) and all the sports channels of course  ::) , which I never watch but OH does)

Blimmin eck!!  :o  I don't have the movies, sports or kids' stuff so I guess that saves quite a bit!

Offline cazza

• Site Member
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2007, 10:11:01 PM »

Blimmin eck!!  :o  I don't have the movies, sports or kids' stuff so I guess that saves quite a bit!

Yep it obviously does  :005:

Offline paulb

• Site Member
    • http://barney.moonfruit.com
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2007, 10:17:09 PM »
we have sky plus and multi room, if we didnt have the movies sky would rip us off charge use a tenner for the sky plus.

can i also ask in relation to sky broadband, is there a limit or charges , or is it one price , when i thought about cancelling aol they informed me that sky charge for certain websites,
Barneys Website

With Best Wishes, Paulb, Evonne ,Ollie, Alice and of course the great Barney

Offline suzysu

• Site Member
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2007, 10:17:28 PM »

Ooops  :embarassed:  ..thanks Michele  ;)
Sue, Georgie n Daisy x
   "I luv my girls"

Offline Michele

• Site Member
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2007, 10:20:25 PM »

Ooops  :embarassed:  ..thanks Michele  ;)

Don't apologise Su, just thought it'd give you a bit more info.  ;) :D

Offline Nicola

• FTCh Caoimhe
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2007, 10:21:04 PM »
can i also ask in relation to sky broadband, is there a limit or charges , or is it one price , when i thought about cancelling aol they informed me that sky charge for certain websites,

I've never been charged any extra for anything  :huh:  I've had it for a good few months now and it's £5 per month and that's it.

Maybe they were talking about certain dodgy websites  :005:

Offline kazzcarr

• Site Member
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2007, 10:21:23 PM »
right I know I'm sad, but I work for BT and so in order to keep myself in a job, check your package with BT is the most up to date before you make any decisions.... if you're like me you bin the updates so more than likely you're on an old or out of date package. Also if you've had broadband for a while you may be out of term therefor you're eligible for money off as a retention offer.
Also ask about broadband talk for your calls, evening and weekends are free to UK landlines and international calls are really cheap too.

There thats me earned my pay for another day lol!!

not overweight, just under tall

Offline suzysu

• Site Member
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2007, 10:27:48 PM »
Don't apologise Su, just thought it'd give you a bit more info.  ;) :D

....thanks Michele  :D
Sue, Georgie n Daisy x
   "I luv my girls"

Offline Michele

• Site Member
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2007, 10:28:18 PM »
Sorry to go off topic but Kazzcar, can I ask you about these updates please?
I've got BT Option 2 and I don't pay by direct debit. If I was to update on that package, would I have to pay by DD and also I see it is for a limited time, will I end up paying more?

You can really earn your pay now.  ;) :D

Offline suzysu

• Site Member
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2007, 10:30:57 PM »
right I know I'm sad, but I work for BT and so in order to keep myself in a job, check your package with BT is the most up to date before you make any decisions.... if you're like me you bin the updates so more than likely you're on an old or out of date package. Also if you've had broadband for a while you may be out of term therefor you're eligible for money off as a retention offer.
Also ask about broadband talk for your calls, evening and weekends are free to UK landlines and international calls are really cheap too.

There thats me earned my pay for another day lol!!

oooh thats interesting Kazacarr...thanks ...will look into that  ;)
Sue, Georgie n Daisy x
   "I luv my girls"

Offline kazzcarr

• Site Member
« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2007, 10:34:10 PM »
michelle, are you on broadband with us too? direct debit is usually needed for broadband. also with option 2, now i need to double check this but theres two offers i think, option 2 for the price of 1  and option 2 for £1.95?  with the option 2 for 1 offewr I'm sure it was an 18 month contract which meant that for the first 12 months you pay the same as option 1 and last 6 you pay full price of option 2. provided you agree to stay for 18 months then thats exactly what you pay so save quite a bit.

now if you had broadband, I'd say you'd probably be better moving down to standard line rental for your line as with bb you get the talk package evening and weekends free so no point paying for option 2 as talk gives you the same benefits n costs nowt!
not overweight, just under tall