Virgin
Tiscali
Plus net
sky
Talk talk
B e
eclipse
Other

Author Topic: which internet provider do you have ?  (Read 3024 times)

Offline Luvly

• Site Member
which internet provider do you have ?
« on: July 10, 2007, 12:36:06 AM »
 ;)
Nikkoletta + Wunderschöne Welpen Lindos demais

Offline SimonThePhotographer

• Site Member
Re: which internet provider do you have ?
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2007, 07:28:11 AM »
Im with Nildram (owned by Pipex) because they have one of the biggest gaming network backbones in the industry.  Also, there are no premium rate numbers for support and ALL of their support people know what they are talking about.

OOoooh, I pity the people who have Tiscali.....   >:D

Offline *Lucy*

• Site Member
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2007, 07:36:24 AM »
OOoooh, I pity the people who have Tiscali.....   >:D

Hey............................ I'm with Tiscali? I find it OK!

My Girls - Molly & Honey

Offline *sammy*

• Site Member
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2007, 08:12:55 AM »
i'm with AOLthe only prob was when i moved it took ages to reconnect and i was in my finally year of uni !!!!!!!!!!! i could have killed someone.

Offline Mary

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2007, 08:25:38 AM »
BT here.  I occasionally have connection problems but they do get sorted pretty quickly even if it does seem forever at the time ::)

I do hate it when I get through to technical help and have a job understanding the person on the end of the phone speaking in broken english.  I hate having to keep asking them to repeat themselves and then still not understanding what on earth they're saying >:D
Mary & Lottie x

Offline *Adele*

• Site Member
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2007, 12:04:32 PM »
We're with Sky now but was previously with plus.net, no problems with either and only changed as Sky was cheaper and the connection is noticeably faster as well! Was with BT for years, again no problems but cost and speed were the reason why we moved away in the end.

Offline SimonThePhotographer

• Site Member
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2007, 03:36:49 PM »
My problem with Tiscali is that their support people know nothing at all about internet / exchanges or anything else remotely related to the service they provide.

But the best part is when you try and leave them.  Wait and see!   You could be lookin at a few months changeover as they 'lose the call', 'try to barter', 'lose the call', 'ask you for information', 'lose the call'.... etc.

:lol:

It's just an opinion though.  They cant be bad 100% of the time.  And all ISPs have their issues.

Offline sarah25

• Site Member
  • Charbonnel Love'N'It At Oramiss
    • Oramiss Cocker Spaniels
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2007, 04:03:35 PM »
We are with Virgin, but we are changing soon because we are having alot of problems with it and our TV  >:D

Offline Shelley

• Site Member
  • Melody, Abi, Tia
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2007, 05:32:40 PM »
We were with NTL (and very happy!), but they have been bought out by Virgin... I am not so happy now!

Although we are on broadband down a cable, we keep losing the connection ph34r we never used to have that problem with NTL, and Virgin managed to cut us off a few weeks ago and then kept telling us they hadn't it must be our computer or modem or this or that. In the end my hubby told them where he works and that because of his job he knows it had nothing to do with "our end" >:D

Tia, Melody and Abi

RAW FED, CHEMICAL FREE DOGS!

Offline Jeeves

• Site Member
  • Mrs Bridges - International Love Goddess!
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2007, 05:38:49 PM »
Orange here >:(

They're great when it works but if it goes wrong - oh boy!!  We spent a month and zillions of pounds talking to some utter dumbos in a Bombay call centre trying to get our internet fixed.  They were absolutley USELESS!!!!!

Apart from any other issues, Indian call centres should be abolished >:(
Parker, Mrs Bridges, Ronald and Jeeves (my Little Bear, no longer with us) and Nicky (that's me!)

Offline Sheryl

• Donator
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2007, 05:40:33 PM »
I think Si may agree with you there!  I always find that even though I can't understand a lot of what they say, they are still really polite which is more than can be said for some call centres here :blink:
Sheryl, Holly, Kali, Baby Lyla and Angel Chloe

Offline sabrino

• Site Member
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2007, 05:50:45 PM »
With Tiscali. They are OK but they tie you into an 18 months contract. when we moved to our house (2 months ago) they told us they couldn't provide us with a connection at all so we asked to cancel it and they refused to. hello? i know its a contract but if it doesn't work!!! anyway, magically about a week later there was suddenly a connection. but its only half a mb so is really slow and not really acceptable when we joined up for the super fast connection. grrrrr.

Also used aol in the past and they were OK when we were using them but when we cancelled it we really struggled to get the software off our system and 'aol' alerts kept flashing up all the time.

Ive heard the Virgin packages are good.
Sabrina, Milo & Lupin x

Offline hamfam

• Site Member
  • Lucy Blue roan beauty
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2007, 06:02:05 PM »
I'm with Virgin (telewest) and have been for knocking on 10 years - can't fault the broadband internet or the telephone but wish i could say the same for the television >:(

If it's not wet and sloppy, it's not a real kiss

Offline cindere528

• Site Member
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2007, 06:04:58 PM »
I'm with AOL. No problems at all, been with AOL for well over 10 years now. The only slight glitch I had was when I changed to broadband, but that turned out to be my fault, not AOL's  :005:

Offline Jan/Billy

• Site Member
« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2007, 06:38:59 PM »
Orange here >:(

They're great when it works but if it goes wrong - oh boy!!  We spent a month and zillions of pounds talking to some utter dumbos in a Bombay call centre trying to get our internet fixed.  They were absolutley USELESS!!!!!

Apart from any other issues, Indian call centres should be abolished >:(

uuuhhhh been there too!!! They are an absolute nightmare.

Am with BT now and they are fab  :D